Sign in with
Your question

No BIOS when GC is attached.

Last response: in Systems
March 17, 2012 11:58:25 AM

I have now attached PSU, MOBO, RAM, CPU, its cooler and GC. If I turn it on, I get no BIOS when GC is attached. When I unplug it and put my HDMI cable in to the MOBO, BIOS shows up. Does that mean that it's malfunctioning or doesn't work at all? The fans do spin in the GC, though. My specs are in my signature.

More about : bios attached

March 17, 2012 12:12:06 PM

Do you have all of the GPU power cables plugged in? It seems like it's either a power problem or GPU problem...
March 17, 2012 12:58:52 PM

Three possibilities:
PCIe power cables not plugged into the GPU,
Bad PSU, or
Bad GPU.

The first thing I would do is test the card in another system. If the card works, test the PSU in another system.
Related resources
March 17, 2012 2:06:54 PM

Try this - just to eliminate it.

Install GC. Have monitor attached to MB port. Start it up. Get a signal to the screen? Then go into the BIOS, turn off the internal video (MB) / switch to PCI-E video. Power down. Switch monitor to the GC port. Power up. Screen signel now?
March 17, 2012 3:25:31 PM

I re-plugged everything and now it works. One of the cables must have been loose or something.
March 17, 2012 5:59:34 PM

Some cables come a little loose if they're at angles. Occasionally my PC will shut down because the mobo power cable is finicky when it's angled. I'm going back to EVGA with my next board since their mobo power cable is at 90 degrees rather than 180 from the motherboard.
March 17, 2012 6:41:28 PM

I see. Oh, yea, forgot to express my gratitude towards you helping me! It's not much but: Thank you!
March 18, 2012 1:23:10 AM

NP. We've all been there at some point ;) 
!