Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
i :hello: am having intel dual core cpu overclocked at 3.4 ghz cpu

2gb ddr2 ram ati radeon hd 5450 1gb ddr3 graphic card

graphic card specs

memory clocked at:755mhz

gpu engine clockede at 751mhz

shader ver 5.0

i am able to play nfs run nearly at 25 fps on my current specs at medium settings
i am planning to ugrade my processor to upgrade to amd phenom hexa core and my my ram to amd newly released performance edition 4gb will it help me to crack more than 30 fps on my pc at highest setting
any suggestion are welcomed :bounce:

tlmck

Distinguished
The best gaming processors ht now are Intel. View this chart to see for yourself. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-overclocking,3077-5.html

Even the inexpensive Core i3-2100 will beat your hexacore choice. could pair it with a low cost motherboard like the GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2. The i3-2100 does not overclock, so you do not need a more expensive motherboard for that.

Having said that, for better FPS, you really need a higher powered video card. Locate your 5450 card in this chart. In order to see significant improvement, you would need to go up at least three levels on the chart. In this case, most of those cards are no longer made, so you will have to go higher. I would say if you can find an Nvidia GT 240 card or even a AMD HD 6670, you would notice a nice improvement. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

newbie1337

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
buy a new gfx card just guessing that you dont have a high w psu as you have a 5450 maybe upgrade to a 6670 pretty cheap and u will be able to run this game on the highest settings @ 30fps + as i could
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11192-12-20G-HD6670-Graphics-GDDR5/dp/B005G4XC5K/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1326364991&sr=8-7

if not then maybe overclocking your gpu wont give you much performance increase but may get you the 5 fps you need, also putting widnows into performance mode (so it looks like windows classic)

tlmck

Distinguished

For gaming, yes, the hexacore is slower. You can look up benchmarks all over the web that will confirm this. Even though the i3 is a dual core, it is also multi-threaded so it acts like a quad core.

There may be a few applications where the hexacore could do better, but gaming is not one of those.

chetank628

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011

my graphic cardcsupport crossfirex technolgy can any one suggest me a suitable mother board mother board and a budget range graphic card to couple with it

tlmck

Distinguished

You would also need another 5450 card to crossfire with your current one if you could even find one. As I said, it is now an old card. I could not even find any performance data on it as people generally do not Crossfire low end cards. The performance would also not be as good as a newer single card as I mentioned earlier.

If you upgrade your video card and RAM to 4 gig, you may be able to play at higher settings now. Depending on your PSU, something like a 6770 will be good, or maybe higher if you can spend the money. Then if you don't like the performance, you can look into other upgrades.