Help !

Hi. I'm new and I'm basically clueless about computers and what not. I'm looking for a decent graphics card
that will run World of Warcraft at atleast Medium/High settings. Help me pick out one please? And I'm willing to change my
PSU for the graphics card considering mine is only 220W max. I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you very much in advance !
18 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Post your complete system specs.
  2. Windows 7 Home Premium
    AMD Athlon (tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs) ~2.8GHz
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    4096 MB RAM
    DirectX 11

Is this enough?
  3. What about your monitor resolution?
  4. 1600x900.
  5. I would go with a HD6850. Maybe a 6870. Neither overpowers your CPU too badly but either would require a power supply upgrade. What is your budget?
  6. Oh yeah and is that a homebuilt system or an OEM, like a Dell? The case size might matter as far as a power supply and graphics card goes.
  7. My budget's currently at $200.
    & Yeah It's OEM. I bought it in the store, it's HP.
  8. Do you have a graphics card now? I need a model number of the computer to make sure you can upgrade it. OEMs can be pretty limited.
  9. I thought the GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 was already the graphics card? Otherwise, no.
    Model: s5501f
  10. Ahh yeah that is integrated graphics not a "card" as such. Let me check your computer.
  11. OK bad news. You have a "slimline" case. It uses a proprietary sized power supply and will not fit a full sized graphics card.

Your best bet in my opinion is to buy yourself a new case if you want to upgrade anything on that computer. You can get a good case in the ~$50 range. Then you are looking at another ~$50 for a good power supply. The graphics card I recommended for your resolution is about ~$150.....so you are overbudget. You can go cheaper on the graphics card, in fact you can get a decent one for around $100 but it's not going to max games at 1600 x 900. Play most games on decent settings yes, max no.
  12. Thanks that's fine. But where abouts do I look for a 'new case'? Or if you meant something else like replacing the desktop?
  13. Where would you be buying from? What country are you in? A new case is just what houses the parts inside.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=9&name=Computer-Cases
  14. Ok I have to run. As far as a cheap case goes look for a Antec 300 Illusion, Coolermaster Haf 912 or Elite 430, Rosewill Challenger or Thermaltake V3. There are plenty more.

For a power supply check Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling , XFX, Enermax, or Silverstone. You need 450-500 watts.

Check here for graphics cards.Stay in the $100 to $150 dollar range. The more expensive the better it will run your games. Anything over $150 is probably more than your CPU can handle.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
  15. Thanks, so there is no possibility of me adding a decent graphics card due to my slimline case? I'm honestly a beginner and a casual gamer with serious budget cuts lol. I really don't want to go through the trouble of building one, not yet anyways. And I'll be buying in canada.
  16. probably not unless you upgrade your case and therefore psu which has been mentioned
  17. Ughhh alright but I can transfer everything I currently have to the new case right?
  18. Yes.......but you are obviously new to this , no offense. You are going to need to either get someone with tech experience to help you or you are going to need to do a bit of research. It is not a hard job but it can be tedious. Since you really are not sure even what part of the computer the case is, I suggest spending a few hours on google and youtube learning about building computers. There are some really good tutorials out there. Then decide if this is something you are comfortable trying yourself.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards World Of Warcraft Graphics