Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best mobo for intel i5 2500k

Last response: in Systems
March 17, 2012 3:24:43 PM

Hello,

I am going to build new system ,

Please suggest the best Motherboard for Intel core I5 2500K for best overclocking.
My Budget is $150

Thanks in Advance :) 

More about : mobo intel 2500k

March 17, 2012 4:17:07 PM

Thanks for your reply ,

I am not going to use Crossfire or the SLI . But the card must be durable.
m
l
Related resources
a c 107 V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 4:25:17 PM

Read some customers reviews to see what that mobo can do.
m
l
March 17, 2012 5:21:32 PM

The motherboards with an 1155 socket, I find most others don't work well with Sandy-bridge processors. Once you have enough PCIe 2.0 x16 and audio hook-ups for your preferred set-up almost all major brands have good reliability. Intel, Asus, MSI, and ASrocks at that point it comes down to mainly having a good power supply and clean power/not spilling anything on the case and getting it on the board.

Once you get past about a 30 to 45 day burn in period in my experience with motherboards you are generally safe unless you have power issues, don't keep your case intakes fairly clean, or mishandle the board upgrading other components. Oh and don't flash the bios unless you are doing an upgrade where you have to.

moderate or better qualityMotherboards are DoA or slightly there after, or they last forever unless screwed with. typically.
m
l
March 17, 2012 6:22:44 PM

Maxor1 said:
The motherboards with an 1155 socket, I find most others don't work well with Sandy-bridge processors. Once you have enough PCIe 2.0 x16 and audio hook-ups for your preferred set-up almost all major brands have good reliability. Intel, Asus, MSI, and ASrocks at that point it comes down to mainly having a good power supply and clean power/not spilling anything on the case and getting it on the board.

Once you get past about a 30 to 45 day burn in period in my experience with motherboards you are generally safe unless you have power issues, don't keep your case intakes fairly clean, or mishandle the board upgrading other components. Oh and don't flash the bios unless you are doing an upgrade where you have to.

moderate or better qualityMotherboards are DoA or slightly there after, or they last forever unless screwed with. typically.

Hi Thanks for the suggestions,

I am building new System . I have chosen to buy Intel core I5 25ook processor . But i found many review that overclocking can't be done using all the mother boards, so i need a guide to choose the best board which will support well for overclocking

m
l

Best solution

a c 107 V Motherboard
March 17, 2012 6:41:56 PM

The overclocking can be supported by P67 and Z68 mobos. Depends how much you want to overclock. With a lower board then ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 you can overclock but not to much but with this board if everything is ok and compatible you can overclock 2500k at 4.5 and stable out of the box and you can go higher than that. With a cheaper mobo you can go to high and stable.
March 19, 2012 2:26:24 AM

Thank you very much for the quick response , I am going ahead with this board "ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3"

Thank you :) 
m
l
March 19, 2012 2:27:23 AM

Best answer selected by Anand1201.
m
l
!