First build need advice!

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Hello everyone,

I need a little help choosing my new computer parts. I want to build a computer that can handle Skyrim, Crysis 2, BF3, Assassins Creed 3 etc. at a good 30-40+ fps in high-Maxed out graphics at 1080p. I've chosen all my parts, but if you guys have any suggestions in what I should change go ahead and tell me as long as its under $1100 and the graphics look good.

Some other stuff I would like to know is, which of the two graphics cards as I listed bellow would be best for my requirements? Will it be worth the extra $70? I might plan on sli down the road but not anytime soon. I will probably be OC though.

Here's what I've chosen

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.30GHz

MOBO: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Motherboard

HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive

GPU:
EVGA 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 SuperClocked Video Card

EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2gb Video Card

RAM: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit (2x4gb)

PSU: Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply

CASE: Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case

With 560ti: about $1000

With 570: $1089.90

So far it seems good to me but I just want to make sure it’s the best I can make it within my budget.

P.S. I know It might sound weird that I am planning so far ahead in time but I’m most likely ordering this stuff 3 weeks before I get out of school (2-3 months).

THANKS!
:D :D :D

Solution
Get on TigerDirect and NewEggs mailing list and start buying parts as they go on sale. All the parts you've mentioned (or similar/equivalents) go on sale from week to week. I just built a new system utilizing these sales and saved about $200 (my build was only $750 total). So I'd try to go down that route if I could. Also I don't know about tigerdirect but newegg offers a lot of combo deals and I used that to get a great deal on my CPU and motherboard in combo that was $40 off buying them seperately.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Well in that time frame lots will change, the new Ivy Bridge CPU's will be out (upgrade on sandy bridge) and the full line of both the Kelper (nvidia) and 7xxx series (AMD) GPU will be out.

That PSU is crap, Antec, OCZ, Corsair, XFX, SeaSonic and PC Power & Cooling are good brands to look at.

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
that might be as good as it gets. im not sure where your buying this from or what country your in. comparing with newegg i can find a few small savings from swithing to other products, but your site might be cheaper than newegg on your listed products.

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Sweet! thanks for the websites!

How about one of these PSU's?

Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series™ CX600 Power Supply
or
OCZ ModXStream Pro Power Supply - 700-Watt
or

OCZ ModXStream Pro Power Supply - 600-Watt

Get on TigerDirect and NewEggs mailing list and start buying parts as they go on sale. All the parts you've mentioned (or similar/equivalents) go on sale from week to week. I just built a new system utilizing these sales and saved about $200 (my build was only $750 total). So I'd try to go down that route if I could. Also I don't know about tigerdirect but newegg offers a lot of combo deals and I used that to get a great deal on my CPU and motherboard in combo that was $40 off buying them seperately.

Solution

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
ok, Thanks andrewcarr and stickg1 for the help and great ideas! i'm going to get on that mailing list like you said and find some good prices.

do any of you know what the prices are going to be for the new Nvidia cards and Intel Ivy Bridge CPU's?

THANKS!
:D :D :D

not really sure on prices. if the ivybridge is going to be the same socket as the i5 2500k sandy then start looking at motherboards, ram, and HDDs or SSDs while you wait for the new hotness to come out. good luck man! new builds are exciting! and read up on your stuff make sure you know what you're getting into before you're stuck with an FX-6100 like my stupid self, lol. with all honesty though i like this processor, it doesnt benchmark well because of software issues but it performs great for my purposes.

DruggedPanda

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks man for the help!

yeah, now that you guys have told me all this im gona try to look in on the new Nvidia cards and the Ivy bridge when it comes out. To end it on that note im done here and ready to build this thing!

Thanks everyone for the help i really appreciate it!