APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 7-10 days

BUDGET RANGE: 7000 rupees (pakistani)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: skyrim,emails,browsing

CURRENT GPU: Saphire hd3850

CURRENT POWER SUPPLY:asus 450 watts

MOTHERBOARD: Asus p5ql-pro

PROCESSOR: core 2 duo E7200

RAM: 4 GB Dominator II

PARTS PREFERENCES: i prefer a cool and queit and a card with low power consumption

OVERCLOCKING: nah

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No thanks.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1360X 1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS

ok 1st of all
I have a decent system at home with 2x HD6950s and a decent processor etc etc...this is my back up system which i have decided to put in my office ( cant get enough of Skyrim :D).. i tried runnin skyrim and HD3850 runs it at high details without a prob...but the problem is i prefer a modded skyrim... with high res textures and FXAA injector and ENB series which 3850 cant run as it has just 256mb... now i am getting a sparkle 9800gt 1gb for around 7k rupees (pakistani currency) thats cheap considering that my his 6950s cost me 25k each... i just want to know if its a good upgrade as i dont like nivida and am taking a risk also i hear it runs very hot and draws alot of power 2nd option is hd4850 which is better than 9800gt but i cant find it anywhere atm...only used ones. the 9800gt comes with 1 year warrenty so i am all safe with that..
Hence i dont want to upgrade any component of this pc (including the PSU) thnx in advance.

Cheers

Regards
DK

Unbumped!
5 answers Last reply
More about upgrade hd3850 9800gt valid hd4850
  1. It should be a substantial upgrade as far as how much performance it provides. However, I'd still recommend against it. It's an outdated card- you really should be looking at the 4xx Nvidia Cards or the 5xx AMD cards at the oldest.
  2. You may want to go for the newer models of GPUs rather than staying down at the 9 series. You can get a GTS 450 for almost that price range, and it's better.
    But can you tell me the model of that PSU? Is it the A-45GA?

On AMD's side, you can get a Radeon HD 5770/6770. But it costs a bit more.
  3. Sir, the 5770 and 6770 are one step over the 4850, if you want to go that rout. Also, you may want to find a good used quad core cpu for your computer to keep everything running quickly.
  4. 6850 would be perfect for your needs, IMO.
  5. diec4st said:
    6850 would be perfect for your needs, IMO.

His budget won't fit a HD 6850.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics