Best 1600p Monitor for Gaming

brianmz

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hey all, I'm currently using a 24" 1200p monitor with 1 GTX 580 3gb(Killed everything in 1200p minus witcher 2 -.-), but I recently got a 2nd one for sli and want to make the most out of them, and was wondering what are my options for a 1600p monitor since I just can't get into multiple displays for gaming.

I mainly play rpg/action/adventure with a rare fps thrown in.

Thanks.

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I use an HP ZR30W and really enjoy it. I was torn between that and the Dell U3011. They both have pluses and minuses.

- The Dell has more inputs, has a built-in OSD (so you can plug something into it like an XBox and it will automatically adjust the resolution; you can also adjust the colors etc on the monitor via buttons instead of using computer software), it can rotate to portrait mode.

- The HP has a more sturdy stand, less input lag (mostly because it doesn't have the built in OSD), and tends to cost a couple of hundred dollars less.

HP has great support- the monitors power-supply was making a very slight (hardly audible) high pitched noise so I called it in- tech came to my house and swapped for a new one within 24 hours. Very happy with the product (it's gigantic and the display looks great)- I probably will never go back to x1080 or x1200 displays unless i venture into 3+ screens.

I believe they both use the same actual S-IPS panel (screen), but have different features. Either should be just fine for very-high res gaming. A 27 inch high res screen is a good option, too, though it has a different aspect ratio. Cheers!

brianmz

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011