Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Need to overclock my laptop CPU

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 1, 2012 2:15:58 PM

Hi everyone, I just recently bought an Asus K53U with an AMD processor at 1.6ghz.

While it is a very stable and "cute" laptop for the daily use, it still lack speed when it comes to processor playing certain games.

Well my question is, is there ANY possibility to overclock this CPU?


Thanks a lot in advance.

More about : overclock laptop cpu

a b à CPUs
July 1, 2012 2:27:15 PM

iNUKE said:
Hi everyone, I just recently bought an Asus K53U with an AMD processor at 1.6ghz.

While it is a very stable and "cute" laptop for the daily use, it still lack speed when it comes to processor playing certain games.

Well my question is, is there ANY possibility to overclock this CPU?


Thanks a lot in advance.



In the old days, If you knew your PLL, there was a way to overclock your system though that. Although that was very limited between the nature of this type of overclocking and the Laptop cooling system....

Now I could be wrong but i dont think there any way to overclock a current laptop cpu.

July 1, 2012 2:28:38 PM

If you try to overclock that laptop, you'll just start having heat issues. You'll overheat that cpu. There are no fancy super cooling devices for laptops. My advice....Don't do it.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a c 249 D Laptop
July 1, 2012 2:30:03 PM

Hi :) 

NO....

All the best Brett :) 
July 1, 2012 2:48:24 PM

Alright, lets forget about the cooling and whatnot :) 

Coming down to the main question which is the only thing Im asking..

Is there anyway to overclock my laptop CPU??

I have an Asus K53U.


Thanks
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 2:55:23 PM

Probably not. If you can, AMD Overdrive would be the only way, but I just did a Google search on it and it appears that it doesn't work for that laptop.

The only thing you can OC there is the GPU.
July 1, 2012 3:15:15 PM

Yea well, as you can see all you guys did in this thread was pure spam.
I guess some people in here should not be able to even open their mouths let alone trying to help and say *** you dont know of for sure.

As you can see here, I managed to overclock it to 3.3GHZ .. yes on a ******* laptop..

http://imgur.com/nDix5


U FAIL AT LIFE
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 3:25:36 PM

iNUKE said:
Yea well, as you can see all you guys did in this thread was pure spam.
I guess some people in here should not be able to even open their mouths let alone trying to help and say *** you dont know of for sure.

As you can see here, I managed to overclock it to 3.3GHZ .. yes on a ******* laptop..

http://imgur.com/nDix5


U FAIL AT LIFE


OK, I did the research on it myself that said it wasn't possible on that model, so would you like to explain how you did it and enlighten us "failures" instead of just being an a**?
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 3:37:12 PM

Nothing? I figured you'd be SO eager to prove us ALL wrong...
a b à CPUs
July 1, 2012 3:42:20 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
OK, I did the research on it myself that said it wasn't possible on that model, so would you like to explain how you did it and enlighten us "failures" instead of just being an a**?


I can guarantee you that its fake :p 
Anyway....even if he did the impossible, @3.3GHz, the chip wud generate 3x the heat...i smell melting plastic :) 

PS:- Stay tuned...if i get some free time i shall soon post a pic of my E8400 doing 9.33 GHz on a totally locked DG33FB mobo. That too while being undervolted to just 1.05volts :D 
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 3:43:39 PM

Oh I KNOW it's fake, I just want to see his witty troll response. :lol: 
a b à CPUs
July 1, 2012 3:45:48 PM

naah....he won't respond....he'll go and hide in his little rat hole :lol: 
a b à CPUs
July 1, 2012 4:06:52 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
OK, I did the research on it myself that said it wasn't possible on that model, so would you like to explain how you did it and enlighten us "failures" instead of just being an a**?


Well if he wants to play it that way..... :heink: 





If there cheating going on, i'll find it. :sol: 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 4:38:56 PM

iNUKE said:
Yea well, as you can see all you guys did in this thread was pure spam.
I guess some people in here should not be able to even open their mouths let alone trying to help and say *** you dont know of for sure.

As you can see here, I managed to overclock it to 3.3GHZ .. yes on a ******* laptop..

http://imgur.com/nDix5


U FAIL AT LIFE
Dude you come here asking these guys for help they don't get paid they do it out the kindness of their heart if that's not good enough then ask on another forum and saying they fail at life it's a bit to much go throw your temper tantrums somewhere else were not your mommy or daddy so we don't half to put up with it :non: 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 4:51:12 PM

And another thing you should sincerely apologize to all these guys that took the time to even bother replying to you your way out of line
July 1, 2012 4:52:25 PM

warmon6 said:
Well if he wants to play it that way..... :heink: 





If there cheating going on, i'll find it. :sol: 



Haha!!

a c 750 à CPUs
a b D Laptop
a c 295 K Overclocking
July 1, 2012 7:09:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!