Flicker unless 2 monitors used

I've got a strange issue, unless I plug in both monitors, I get frequent horizontal flicker artifacts, whenever there is movement on the screen (when I drag a window for example). With both monitors plugged in, and set to "extend desktop" the issue doesn't appear.

This is my office PC, no gaming, just regular work stuff.

My setup:

Windows 7, 64-bit
AMD Radeon HD 6570
Latest drivers: Catalyst CC 2011.1109.2212.39826, 2D driver version

The main monitor (which flickers when used alone) is connected via DVI, the other (extended) one via a DVI-VGA converter.

I've checked that the card is seated properly.

Any ideas??

4 answers Last reply
More about flicker monitors used
  1. Sounds like your video card might be going bad. Try talking with tech support for the card vendor, they might rma it for you.
  2. I was worried you might say that. Now I'll get to wait 3 weeks. At least I got on-board gfx to fall back on...

Thanks for the advice!

3. try these: 12.1a preview

the flickering was caused with older drivers when the card changed between idle/media/3d clocks... it was fixed way back already, maybe it went bad again somehow..

edit and using 2 monitors sets the clocks slightly higher, thus resolving the problem
  4. I have this same issue on my Dell U2711 monitor and AMD Radeon HD 6570 video card. I tried 12.1a preview however sadly it has not fixed the issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Monitors Graphics