Solved

Are my CPU Temps good? - 3570K

So I finally came around to testing my CPU, and I feel like they're too high. I ran Prime95 for 20 minutes, not really sure if that's long enough. I've read that your temps should be around 60 or less under, so I'm not sure if I did anything wrong. Anyway, here are the results from Real Temp: 63, 65, 69, 65.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about temps good 3570k
  1. What are you using to cool it would go a long way for us to give you a better judgement :)

Any chance ur using the stock cpu cooler ?
  2. Nope, I'm using a Hyper 212 EVO. I feel that I should've just used the stock heatsink because I haven't even overclocked and I'm not too confident in my application of the thermal compound.
  3. Those temps are too high for a cpu with an evo cooler.You might need to clean and reapply your thermal paste'

I'm running a FX8120 overclocked to 4.0 ghz with the evo cooler and my temps never evan get over 50.
  4. Could adding more case fans help? I only have 3 and I'm not sure if that's a problem. They're the ones that came with my case, the 400r.
  5. Best answer
    No, that is just too hot,getting near 70 is bad news.
  6. It shouldn't be that hot with the evo and the thermal applied right.
  7. Well I was googling how to reapply thermal paste and I ran into something about a break in period. I haven't really worked my CPU before yet so it hasn't gotten too hot, but I tried to run it again and got slightly better temps, although still pretty bad I guess.

60, 59, 65, 64

These temps were having Prime95 run during two League of Legend games. Not sure how long but at least 45 minutes.
  8. Still to high,be careful.
  9. Best answer selected by ninjarubberduck.
  10. Alright, thanks A51R!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs