Realtek HD Audio Manager - Subwoofer rerouting?

Mechanos

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Basically, I have no extra money to throw at a nice speaker setup right now. Played Skyrim and couldn't hear most of the sounds, including very quiet voices :pfff: . Found out it was because Skyrim was optimized for 5.1 or 7.1, and if I enable 5.1/7.1 in my Realtek HD Audio Manager but turn off the extra speakers, it will route the sound through my Stereo setup. This all works fine, except it will NOT route my Subwoofer through the Front speakers for some reason. Checking the "Swap Center/Subwoofer" box, makes my Center go quiet but allows me to hear the Subwoofer channel.

My question is, is there a way to play my Subwoofer channel through the Front Speakers without disabling the Center channel? I'm willing to try anything as long as it's inexpensive enough.

Edit: Ah crap, it posted this in the wrong forum even though I selected Sound Card. Gonna flag this for deletion and post it over there.

Edit2: It won't let me post this in the sound card area, it thinks I'm trying to "flood" the forum. So if a mod would kindly move me over there, I'd appreciate it. :)

Mechanos

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Well, it's been a few days and no responses. Anyone have any ideas? I ended up temporarily stealing my g/f's speakers and hooking them up 2.1 style xD but her speakers are just awful compared to mine, so I'm still looking for a way to just bundle my subwoofer channel in with the rest.

TRENDING THREADS