Sign in with
Your question

At style video card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 12, 2012 4:55:32 PM

Hello,
Have on older machine control with ISA bus video card. Card has long ISA connection and then a shorter one. Any ideas what this is or where I can find something like it? Only option from machine builder is replace the whole computer. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : style video card

a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2012 5:14:20 PM

That would be a VLB (Vesa Local Bus) although by your description it could be a PCI bus. You would be hard pressed to find one except maybe on ebay. And indeed your best bet would be to replace or build a new rig.
m
l
January 13, 2012 11:49:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I did find a place called ABCResellers that has all kinds of old style computers and video cards. After looking at your VLB info, I think what I have is a 16 bit ISA VGA card. That should make the search a little easier.
Thanks again for your help.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2012 6:45:11 PM

IndyGreg said:
Thanks for the info. I did find a place called ABCResellers that has all kinds of old style computers and video cards. After looking at your VLB info, I think what I have is a 16 bit ISA VGA card. That should make the search a little easier.
Thanks again for your help.

Not a problem it has been so long I forgot there were 8bit and 16bit ISA slots at that time.
m
l
!