Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire 7970 - cli.implementation error

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 12, 2012 5:29:34 PM

Hello, i just got my sapphire 7970 and upon playing a few games suddenly when I start the computer again CCC is not on the Taskbar so I try to open it manually and I get the following error message:

"Could not load file or assembly cli.implementation or one of its dependencies.The system cannot find the file specified"

After some quick research I found this was related to .Net Framework so I unninstalled the catalyst drivers and used driver sweeper to clean everything that may have been left. then I removed every version of net framework from my computer using some microsoft tool, rebooted, installed it again, installed CCC and rebooted again.

Sadly, i still have the exact same message!

Please help!

(btw the display drivers work)

Windows 7 64bit sp1
I7 870 OC
Sapphire 7970
Velociraptor 300gb
P7p55d pro motherboard
January 12, 2012 5:38:16 PM

does it affect youe performance in anything like desktop/game performance
January 12, 2012 5:42:56 PM

newbie1337 said:
does it affect youe performance in anything like desktop/game performance

No, but I cant acess all the functionalities of the catalyst Control Center, like Overdrive and the 3d app settings, which is a HUGE bummer for me :( 
Related resources
January 12, 2012 6:20:51 PM

And I also cant overclock without it which is a :non: 
January 12, 2012 6:34:16 PM

Re-install .NET framework completely with all updates. Then re-install CCC (or whatever they call it these days). It probably needs .NET, but I don't know for sure.
January 14, 2012 12:16:41 AM

Ok, so I repaired .net framework 4, installed .net framework 4.5 preview, uninstalled ccc, sweeped for leftovers, and installed it again.

It works now! :3
!