HDMI port on video card

jialinsheng

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hello, if a video card offers HDMI & DVI ports, I plan to connect DVI to monitor, HDMI to HDTV. My questions:

Do the two ports send out signal at same time and automatically?

Does the HDMI really sends audio signal to HDTV?

I ask these questions since I was burned badly in the past. The video card manufacturers play tricks to consumers.

HDMI outputs both Video and Audio. However it depends on your video card, some earlier video cards with HDMI did not come with audio, and or needed an adapter to work.

Most graphics cards can display to a minnimum of 2 screens these days. Either extended desktop, or cloned. And you have to set this up manually in your control panel (sometimes they are automatically set up when you connect them).

For example I have a laptop with HDMI out. I connect it to my 1080P HD TV. However I can use both my laptops Screen and my HDTV's screen at the same time, either cloned, or extended, but I onl use my HDTV as my laptop screen is much smaller.

The real question is: What do you want to do, how much do you want to spend, and what exactly is your hardware?

jialinsheng

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

I know laptop HDMI output always works, but a separated PCI video card with double output ports for desktop PC may have issues. It will be appreciated if you can offer me the brand & model of PCI video cards that really works.  〔HDMI with audio,and two ports work simultaneously 〕 

What is your hardware specifications? We need to know your MOtherboard, CPU, RAM, Power supply as well as Operating System. This is to properly give you advice on what would work best for you.

WE will also need your Budget. Do you want to spend $50 or do you want to spend $500?