cannon videocam battery question

Hi.

I have just bought a Cannon videocam (v690). The Li-Ion 1300 battery
that came with it was initially totally flat, so I charged it for
about 12 hours.

After that I started filming. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that
the battery indicator fell to 1/2 after just 5 minutes use. Turning the
camera on and off always made the indicator jump to 100%, and then
again soon dropping to one half. After about 50 minutes of shooting the
battery went dead.

Can somebody please tell me what is wrong? Is the battery broken,
camera's battery indicator, what? What is the normal lifetime of the
fully charged battery?

I'd appreciate any kind of help/advice. Cheers!
2 answers Last reply
More about cannon videocam battery question

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 04:55:02 -0700, baba44713 wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I have just bought a Cannon videocam (v690). The Li-Ion 1300 battery
    > that came with it was initially totally flat, so I charged it for
    > about 12 hours.
    >
    > After that I started filming. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that
    > the battery indicator fell to 1/2 after just 5 minutes use. Turning the
    > camera on and off always made the indicator jump to 100%, and then
    > again soon dropping to one half. After about 50 minutes of shooting the
    > battery went dead.
    >
    > Can somebody please tell me what is wrong? Is the battery broken,
    > camera's battery indicator, what? What is the normal lifetime of the
    > fully charged battery?
    >
    > I'd appreciate any kind of help/advice. Cheers!
    It sounds to me as though you haven't fully charged the battery.
    --
    neil
    delete delete to reply

    It was charging for about 12-13 hours...

Battery Videocam Cameras