New thread, i think my problem is my 2500k voltage, crazy high temps!

xxsjxx1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
so i ran prime95 for 2-3 minutes and here are my results.... ive seen some people using 1.23 volts for an overclock after doing some research. the problem is i have no idea how to set it, or what to set it to. I have the asrock z68 pro3-m mobo

im getting really high temps, and my heatsink and thermal paste are applied correctly.

everything in my bios is set to stock or auto. while gaming ive seen some cores hit 77c

Untitled.jpg

xxsjxx1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
im using the stock cooler, it should be efficient at stock speeds right? i literally used about a BB sized amount, not even a pea sized amount. I also tried the line method, and the pea methid, but my idle temps were up in the mid 40's. the spread looked fine on the BB size... i checked it, cleaned it, and reapplied.

xxsjxx1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I used gelid extreme which was equal to the stock paste

I reapplied because they were high before, I thought the paste had gotten messed up because I had a hard time getting the cooler on when I first installed it

G

Try lowering vcore by 0.05 and running prime 95 for a about 8 hours and see if it's stable and what your temps are. I would use the asrock extreme tuner to monitor as well.

xxsjxx1

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Asrock extreme tuner always shows the exact same temp as core 3 does in core temps (hottest core) I just use core temp cause it keeps a log.

How do I lower voltage? I've read online that using auto usually overvolts the CPU.

G

set cpu voltage offset at -0.05 either through the asrock extreme utility or BIOS. Run prime and intelburn test to test temps and stabilty.

G

It takes 5 minutes to install the 212 evo. Install the back plate, screw in the retention plate and your done and it's much cooler.