Gaming Rig 1300 dollar budget

Eagles20

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I figure I will come here and get info from some guys that know about hardware better than I do. I already brought a case Thermaltake Overseer and pick up some Chair Vengeance RAM I was leaning towards the Intel I5 over Amd and was thinking about getting a SSD to install the games on. Looking for something to run bf3 and the new Batman game Thanks for any info I get

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
youve got most of it picked out so thats a good start.

your video card preference will determine your monitor resolution (or vise versa if you already have a monitor) and in turn will help narrow down a psu. (a gtx 580 will do you ZERO justice on a 20" screen)(and that same card if used, will need a decent psu)

only thing i would recommend is: if youre going to get ssd's, make sure you get one with enough space for windows and your games, (120gb or more) and regular discs for your heaps of odd files.

Eagles20

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I picked up a Samsung 23" led monitor. Have a cpu that was running a Quad Core 2.33mhz and ATI 6850 but the kids cpu took a crap and handing this rig. Thats when i pick the case and the ram.

Eagles20

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Ok cool thanks for info I am thinking about getting the one of theses gpu setups Amd 6950 x2. Gtx 560 x2. Or just one Gtx 570 games I am looking to play is bf3 and mass effect 3 when that comes out

DM186

Splendid
If you get 2 GTX 560 Ti's they will run faster than a GTX 580. If you can afford it. I would bump it up to the GTX 560 Ti's with the 448 core. the 448 core puts the 560 between the 570 and the 560.

The only thing I don't like about the AMD is driver issues and noise. The AMD cards are better than Nvidia's on the low end but Nvidia is better on the high end. I hope this is a little more info and I wish you the best of luck with your project.

if you are talking reference only then yes the amd reference model is a bit noisier than the nvidia. There are plenty of non reference models to choose from that offer better cooling at lower decible ratings.

DM186

Splendid

Yes I am sorry I should have been more on the words. Things happen like that when you get to my age and I am still young according to SSI LOL

Eagles20

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
So 2 Gtx 560 ti will run bf3 fine on ultra setting and will last me for awhile with newer games coming out Thanks for the insight guys the info is really helping me out with the I5 2500k what will be a good mofo to get the run 2 cards

Make sure the board you get has not only 2 pcie slots but that they have either 16x and 8x or 8x 8x when 2 slots are in use. If its 16x 4x it isnt good for sli