Need help uprgading my Graphic Card

LittleLupo

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I would like to upgrade the Graphic Card on my PC from a GeForce520 which doesn't seem to be performing very well when playing Games.

I currently have a 460W power supply (PSU ACBEL API5PC57) which I don't really want to have to upgrade too.

Unfortunately I'm clueless when it comes to Hardware so any helpful suggestions would be most welcome. :)

Many Thanks

wow, lol, jumping straight to it eh?

OP - we need to see your full system specs to be able to help you properly

LittleLupo

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Firstly many thx for the fast response to my question :)

ummm... what MoBo and the slot type do you have....

I'm not quite sure how to ascertain what kind of MoBo I have :( However the slot type is PCI Express

Also what is your budget for a graphics card ??

While the Diamond hd7970 looks very shiny it's a little over the budget. The whole machine cost around $1000 so I wouldn't really want to invest more than $200-300

Some other info if it helps:

The PC is a HP Pre Built

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2,66 GHz
Memory: 8GB RAM
GPU: GeForce GT520 (Originaly came with a GeForce GT230)
HD : 500gb Sata 7200 U/min
PSU: 460W PSU ACBEL API5PC57

Again many thanks in advance for your time and effort :)

Do not listen to this - your gpu is definitely what is holding you back. I suggest as earlier said a 560 or 6870. Unless your psu is a good brand, and since you didn't specify ill assume.it isnt. Antech, corsair, and seasonic are the most reliable brands 500w or more if you upgrade your gpu. You may even can go with a 6770 if your current psu is quality with a 6 pin pcie connector. This would keep you from having to buy a new psu as well

LittleLupo

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Yes I didnt quite understand the "change psu into above 750W post either"

However have just ordered a

GPU: ZOTAC GTX-560 Ti 448 Limited Edition, 1.28GB

&

PSU: Seasonic X-560 (SS-560KM) Gold

As I understand, that should do the job nicely. Once again thank you all very much for the effort and time you put into giving me advice. It's much appreciated. :) :) :)

Great choices! Have fun with your new card, you will love the difference