Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • SLI
  • FPS
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 12, 2012 9:26:49 PM

Hey all,

I am getting a new system soon and had initially decided to go with 1 580, since I had heard many stories of SLI being a nightmare. After some convincing, I have switched to 2 570s in SLI, having been told that SLI problems are not very frequent in modern gaming. I was happy with this until reading posts/benchmarks about SLI and minimum FPS. Several members say that SLI does not do much for minimum frame rate, but rather simply allows the max frame rate to skyrocket. Obviously minimum FPS is the most important stat regarding GPUs, so my question is - would I be better off going with the single 580 after all? I know that the 570s scale very well in SLI, but I cannot find anything that shows how the min FPS scales. I have seen benchmarks that show a single 580's min FPS to be above 30 in every game (@ 1920x1080, max settings AA etc), which is where it should be, but if SLI does nothing for min FPS, I fear the 2 570s will still be in the sub 30/s range.
Thank you all in advance for any responses!

More about : min fps concerns sli 570s

a b U Graphics card
January 12, 2012 10:01:08 PM

are you sold on nvidia? If i were to spend that much i would be getting the fastest single card solution - the AMD 7970.
m
l
January 12, 2012 10:04:57 PM

I am going with Nvidia for sure. Any opinions on the topic question?
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2012 11:41:17 PM

Here is an article about GTX 570 SLI.

Generally the SLI setup will have higher minimun framerate, depending on resolution, game engine and driver support.
m
l
January 13, 2012 1:37:40 PM

Very helpful article, thank you!
m
l
!