X-Box GAmes

Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to rent or buy? The only games
I own is Halo 2.

> Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to rent or buy? The only games
> I own is Halo 2.

I found the following exclusive games to be worth the money:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Crimson Skies
Metal Slug 3
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
Voodoo Vince

And the following non-exclusives were outstanding too:

House of the Dead III
Spawn: Armageddon
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Ty 2: Bush Rescue

Note the lack of Sports and FPS games.

Burnout 3 Takedown is the best racing game for Xbox, and any of the EA
Sports games as well as ESPN nba 2k5 and NFL 2k5.

<jimbo42168@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to rent or buy? The only games
> I own is Halo 2.

New Legends
Azurik
Bruce Lee

Thoth

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

"Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> <jimbo42168@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to rent or buy? The only games
>> I own is Halo 2.
>>

> New Legends
> Azurik
> Bruce Lee

I got Azurik for Christmas one year. If there is a worse game out there I
assume it would be one of the other two you suggested.

"Thoth" <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote in message
> "Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com>
> wrote in message
>>
>> <jimbo42168@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to
>>> rent or buy? The only games
>>> I own is Halo 2.
>>>

>> New Legends
>> Azurik
>> Bruce Lee
>
> I got Azurik for Christmas one year. If there
> is a worse game out there I assume it would be
> one of the other two you suggested.

Hmm, adds it to my "Don't bother" list.

Fable isn't too bad. Very replayble...though there
are few consequences for being evil and little no
reward.

"Keith Schiffner" <schistan@3rivers.net> wrote in message

> "Thoth" <thoth@notlisted.net> wrote in message
>> "Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> <jimbo42168@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> New Legends
>>> Azurik
>>> Bruce Lee
>>
>> I got Azurik for Christmas one year. If there is a worse game out there
>> I assume it would be one of the other two you suggested.
>
> Hmm, adds it to my "Don't bother" list.
>
> Fable isn't too bad. Very replayble...though there are few consequences
> for being evil and little no reward.

ok. the real must have list:

Knights of the Old Republic
Fable
Splinter Cells
Project Gotham Racing2
Ninja Gaiden
Halo

other games that I had a lot of fun with:

Deus-Ex
Top Spin
RalliSport2
MechAssault
Rainbow6s
Ghost Recons
Dead or Alive

theone

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to rent or buy? The only games
>>I own is Halo 2.
>>

> I found the following exclusive games to be worth the money:
>
> Buffy the Vampire Slayer
> Crimson Skies
> Metal Slug 3
> Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
> Otogi: Myth of Demons
> Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
> Voodoo Vince
>
> And the following non-exclusives were outstanding too:
>
> House of the Dead III
> Spawn: Armageddon
> Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
> Ty 2: Bush Rescue
>
> Note the lack of Sports and FPS games.

Also note the lame rehash of an arcade game titled House of the Dead III :)

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> I found the following exclusive games to be worth the money:
>
> Buffy the Vampire Slayer
> Crimson Skies
> Metal Slug 3
> Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
> Otogi: Myth of Demons
> Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
> Voodoo Vince
>
> And the following non-exclusives were outstanding too:
>
> House of the Dead III
> Spawn: Armageddon
> Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
> Ty 2: Bush Rescue
>
> Note the lack of Sports and FPS games.

Yeah, you've discovered the xbox's incredible selection of *3rd person*
shooters! I guess that's what passes for "variety" on the xbox.

-Eric

<jimbo42168@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me any good X-Box games to rent or buy? The only games
> I own is Halo 2.

If you like turn-based military strategy games like Risk or Axis and Allies,
Dai Senryaku is awesome.

CounterStrike is lots of fun online, but I haven't played in a while so I'm
not sure if there's still folks playing or not (too much Halo2).
MechAssault
KOTOR

Fuzion Frenzy for some good off-line multiplayer (it's a bunch of party
games -- grab orbs, knock each other off waterfalls, etc.)

I would suggest The Elder Scrolls lll: Morrowind GOTY edition only if
you have lots time on your hands it's a great game to lose yourself in
and plus it's platinum hits now.

Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dead or Alive

I picked up DOA3, but I haven't been that excited by it so far. DOA2
Hardcore on the PS2 seemed to be more playable and, I dunno, more "fun".

Granted, I haven't played very long, and I haven't unlocked anything yet,
so I know there's tons of stuff I'm missing :) Still, the FAQs only seem
to indicate there're only 3 costumes per character, whereas DOA2 Hardcore
had as many as 8 for some of the characters... Is this true? What gives?

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Dead or Alive
>
> I picked up DOA3, but I haven't been that excited by it so far. DOA2
> Hardcore on the PS2 seemed to be more playable and, I dunno, more "fun".
>
> Granted, I haven't played very long, and I haven't unlocked anything yet,
> so I know there's tons of stuff I'm missing :) Still, the FAQs only seem
> to indicate there're only 3 costumes per character, whereas DOA2 Hardcore
> had as many as 8 for some of the characters... Is this true? What gives?

Depends on the chracter. The girls have a lot more costumes than the guys.
Then again, I think a lot of these costumes came on a booster disk, so...