File tips in windows explorer

October 11, 2004 1:48:45 AM

HI,
Before I upgraded to Windows XP SP2, I could point to
files on the network drives and see screen tip display
File type, Author, date modified and size but since the
upgrade, its only displaying type and size. The files on
my desktop are fine but its only happening to files on
network drives.
Will appreciate it if someone could give me a hint on how
to fix it .Thanks
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 3:11:48 PM

Bibra,

XP functions that way by default. To see the extra details in the info tip
for a Network folder, open Registry Editor and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*
In the right-pane, double-click QuickTip and set it's value to the following
(without ")
prop:Type;Size;Write;DocAuthor

The default data for this value being "prop:Type;Size;Write"

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

!