File tips in windows explorer

HI,
Before I upgraded to Windows XP SP2, I could point to
files on the network drives and see screen tip display
File type, Author, date modified and size but since the
upgrade, its only displaying type and size. The files on
my desktop are fine but its only happening to files on
network drives.
Will appreciate it if someone could give me a hint on how
to fix it .Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about file tips windows explorer

    Bibra,

    XP functions that way by default. To see the extra details in the info tip
    for a Network folder, open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*
    In the right-pane, double-click QuickTip and set it's value to the following
    (without ")
    prop:Type;Size;Write;DocAuthor

    The default data for this value being "prop:Type;Size;Write"

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Bibra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    HI,
    Before I upgraded to Windows XP SP2, I could point to
    files on the network drives and see screen tip display
    File type, Author, date modified and size but since the
    upgrade, its only displaying type and size. The files on
    my desktop are fine but its only happening to files on
    network drives.
    Will appreciate it if someone could give me a hint on how
    to fix it .Thanks

Configuration Windows Explorer Customization Windows XP