Help me choose PSU please Cooler Master GX 550 or Corsair CX 500

taufixmns

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hello, help me choose PSU please Cooler Master GX 550 or Corsair CX 500. both psu i can get for about the same price. i cant get any seasonic brand here..so which do you guys recommend?

Solution

I recommended Corsair CX500.

randomkid

Distinguished

I recommended Corsair CX500.

Solution

_Brute_Force_

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
it can, but you would be stretching it really thin, especially if ur running something older than Ivy Bridge thats consuming more power.

Check the calculator on their website to see if it can
http://www.corsair.com/en/learn_n_explore/?psu=yes

however I recommend the Corsair TX650 to run the GTX 670 flawlessly with headroom for anything else you might wanna add in the future (If you might wanna go SLI some time in the future, get the TX750)

Cheers

_Brute_Force_

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I strongly advise against saving on a PSU or limiting its budget. its the most important component in your computer. I will not talk about the future disability of adding more hardware or overclocking, but you should be aware with unreliable power you will get random slow downs and blue screens, with a chance of permanent hardware damage, even if you can replace hardware later, you might not be able to recover data if your hard failed.

I lost an entire machine with 2 hards (500 GBs of data ;'( ) because of an unreliable PSU. Try not to make the same mistake.

Good luck