13lackOut

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Hello,

I have changed my mind completely on my build and decided to go for the AMD build.
don't ask me why.

here are the specs:

http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/2aedae47e7954b8789173dab39f010cb

I just want to check that everything looks good.
this build is mainly for Gaming (bf3) and general usage.

Additionally i wanted some advice on the Mobo are there any models anyone would suggest in the £60-£80 range? (take note i don't pay VAT).

Any advice is appreciated,

kai-fei

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Any plans for hard drive, case, and cd drive? already have them? Other than that and AMD, looks like a good build. If you could I would suggest switching to an i3 build but the 4100 shouldn't really be a problem. Also you might be able to get by with a cheaper and less powerful PSU. I am running a 5970 (two gpus) and an overclocked i5 2500k on 650 watts. You're build with a hard drive and a cd drive still only uses 40o or so watts, so even with overclocking, 500 would certainly be enough, that is unless you plan to upgrade in the future. I hope your build turns out great

13lackOut

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

I have a older hard drive im re using probably need to d-ban it before i use it.

Case is NZXT Apollo.

re using a sony dvd drive.

ill probably stick with 550w PSU.

Sadly my site of preference scan uk decided it would run out of stock on amd fx4100 this week just as i was going to purchase. I'm thinking about using a different site but scan has this special scansure insurance deal where they insure you against installation damage. As it's my first build is it worth waiting and getting the insurance or should i just use a different site aka (aria).

Thanks