Is my cpu temp very hot ?

integration

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
hi everybody
i live in the middle east so it's very hot in the summer sometimes the temp reaches 40 C (104 F)
my CPU is intel pentium 4 3.4 GHZ
i've installed EVEREST to monitor my CPU temp and fan speed.....etc
when i browse the computer the CPU temp is 45 (113 F)
but the problem is that i use some engineering softwares like autocad
when i use it my CPU temp. reaches over 70 C (158 F) and i think it's too hot and dangerous
before asking about dust in the CPU fan, i cleaned the CPU fan and the whole computer case and there's no dust at all and also chaged the thermal paste about a month ago . my CPU fan speed is 2500 RPM .
is 70C really high temp for my CPU ?
and if it's, how can i reduce this temp ?

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
No its not....Pentium 4's are known to run quite hot...that's why some people call them Heaters :D

Btw...don't you have an AC in your room?

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Son, in the middle east, especially now in summer, the ambient temperature during day time is around 35-40. Expecting 40C idle, that too from a P4 is quite wrongfully optimistic!!! :)
U probably can get to around 45C but i don't have that much of fan knowledge :(

opteron1983

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
if you are using the stock cooling fan your only option is to manually set the fan at a higher rpm pushing more airflow over the heatsink.

Now depending on how much money you want to put on your system you could look at a higher efficency cooling fan which will help in keeping the cpu at a lower operating temperature.

But to get the cpu to the same temperature as the ambiant temperature youd have to go for liquid cooling or AC