Sign in with
Your question

Is my cpu temp very hot ?

Last response: in CPUs
July 2, 2012 2:03:56 PM

hi everybody
i live in the middle east so it's very hot in the summer sometimes the temp reaches 40 C (104 F)
my CPU is intel pentium 4 3.4 GHZ
i've installed EVEREST to monitor my CPU temp and fan speed.....etc
when i browse the computer the CPU temp is 45 (113 F)
but the problem is that i use some engineering softwares like autocad
when i use it my CPU temp. reaches over 70 C (158 F) and i think it's too hot and dangerous
before asking about dust in the CPU fan, i cleaned the CPU fan and the whole computer case and there's no dust at all and also chaged the thermal paste about a month ago . my CPU fan speed is 2500 RPM .
is 70C really high temp for my CPU ?
and if it's, how can i reduce this temp ?

More about : cpu temp hot

a b à CPUs
July 2, 2012 2:17:26 PM

No its not....Pentium 4's are known to run quite hot...that's why some people call them Heaters :D 

Btw...don't you have an AC in your room?
July 3, 2012 2:33:59 PM

for sorry i don't
only a regular fan :( 
can you suggest a CPU fan able to cool the cpu down to 40C or something ?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 3, 2012 2:50:21 PM

Son, in the middle east, especially now in summer, the ambient temperature during day time is around 35-40. Expecting 40C idle, that too from a P4 is quite wrongfully optimistic!!! :) 
U probably can get to around 45C but i don't have that much of fan knowledge :( 
July 3, 2012 4:10:28 PM

if you are using the stock cooling fan your only option is to manually set the fan at a higher rpm pushing more airflow over the heatsink.

Now depending on how much money you want to put on your system you could look at a higher efficency cooling fan which will help in keeping the cpu at a lower operating temperature.

But to get the cpu to the same temperature as the ambiant temperature youd have to go for liquid cooling or AC
July 3, 2012 5:47:04 PM

$hawn & opteron1983
thanks alot :) 
!