danieldcostea

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Can someone tell me what those things do? Because i've broken one of those and then glued it back, using superglue, and... it works...
64wBJ.jpg

Assuming you are referring to the components you circled, the ones that are brownish in the middle and silver on each end are surface mount capacitors. Often they come in parallel to provide more capacity without needing a larger sized component. If you broke it off and super glued it back down it isn't doing its job properly, it just had another one in parallel with it which is letting the system keep functioning, you would have needed to solder it back on if you wanted it to actually work properly which is very hard to do with SMT components.

CDdude55

Distinguished

I see no picture or link.

danieldcostea

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

So it's not safe? It 's possible to ruin the board?

If everything is functioning ok, then maybe you got lucky and it is making enough contact with solder after being glued. Only risk is if the heat starts to effect the glues bonding, but a system stability issues will show that. No point in worrying getting a replacement, as you voided any warrenty by glueing it.

CDdude55

Distinguished

I'm using Firefox 13 and this is the BBcode for his post:

Code:
Can someone tell me what those things do? Because i've broken one of those and then glued it back, using superglue, and... it works...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/64wBJ.jpg[/IMG]

But this is what i'm seeing:

Capture3535353.png

Everthing is there but the link.

CDdude55

Distinguished

I can see and click the link and see it when i quote his post.

I also found that in Internet Explorer i am able see the picture. So i'm guessing it's a Firefox problem, im going to try a few things like clearing my cookies etc.

Did you use a red colored glue? It appears that you are inside a laptop. It also appears that there is some red colored foreign substance coming from under a processor, possibly the video card. If the thermal paste had been cleaned, I could probably say for sure. My guess would be that there will be no video upgrade in this unit's future.
If you're talking about another part, please specify.

The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that's a factory glue job on the vid card. Hmmm, very confused - nothing breakable (that could be fixed with glue) under the circle.

TRENDING THREADS