FDISK question.

G

Ok heres the problem. I have 2 harddrive installed on my system. I went and partioned the master drive into the standard sections. A smaller C: drive and the rest of it D: drive. Then I went and made the whole other harddrive a primary partion. What happened is my letters got screwed up. My main drive is C: and E: and the other harddrive is set to D:.

So my question is how do I get so its C: D: E: in right order with my slave drive being E:. Thanks in advance.

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
You don't. The way windows assigns the letters is by the partition type. So it is going to assign all the primary partitions followed by the logical dos partitions. So you have your first hard drive that has one primary which is C: and the second drive with a primary which is D: and last but not least the first hard drive with the Logical Dos Partition that you created within the Extended partition which is E:.

You may be able to create a Extended partition on the second hard drive with a logical dos partition and see if it will assign it to E:?

I hope that answers your question ... ? *:O)

<font color=green>"Your call will be answered by the next available Tech Support representative"</font color=green>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
what OS?

In 2K you can change your drive letters around easily through disk manager. Just don't do C...

Also, this will not work very well if you have already installed stuff on the other drives, as the apps and links won't work. If they only have data, or are clean, then do it!

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

TRENDING THREADS