Sign in with
Your question

Low framerate on games?

Last response: in CPUs
July 2, 2012 4:28:02 PM

I've noticed recently that my framerate has gone down alot..Even in runescape im getting a max of about 25 fps in minimum graphics settings. I used to be able to run it in HD with about 40 fps.
(Im not too tech savvy and am not sure what you guy's will need to help me figure the problem out.)

More about : low framerate games

July 2, 2012 7:06:46 PM

What make/model video card is it? Have you recently changed your screen resolution?
Have you switched or changed monitors? Or any other components in your system?
m
l
July 2, 2012 8:02:19 PM

your hardware certainly capable of playing it before,that means that there is certain app/program hogging your system.check with antivirus for malware or taskmanager to remove unwanted program from running.
m
l
Related resources
a c 141 à CPUs
July 2, 2012 8:36:54 PM

It could also be a heat issue. Whens the last time you cleaned the inside of your pc?
m
l
July 2, 2012 10:58:09 PM

jpardo2 said:
What make/model video card is it? Have you recently changed your screen resolution?
Have you switched or changed monitors? Or any other components in your system?

Haven't switched any components..
My video card just says: Intel HD Graphics

@Others
Scanning, did that yesterday.
Cleaning the inside of my pc...Never. Though, my pc never gets hot.
Im not sure what you mean by artifact.

m
l
July 2, 2012 11:14:11 PM

Wow..Nevermind about the runescape thing. The fps that Runescape gives is different from Fraps.
Though, Im having an issue with City of Heroes. I used to be able to run it in about 30 fps, maybe more, I can't remember. Now, I get 25 frames for about 10 seconds, then I got down to about 5 for 2 minutes or so.(It just seems to repeat that.)
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 2, 2012 11:29:00 PM

if your playing the game in 1920x1080, thats probably the reason why. the intel hd series aren't really strong graphically. the HD 3000 is approximately as strong as a radeon hd 6450/5450, both of which are the lowest power consuming cards(HD 3000 is on laptop i3/i5/i7, and unlockable processors, and ones that end in a 5). if you have a basic celeron/pentium/non 5 ending i3's/low end i5's, then you have an HD 2000, which is weaker than above.
m
l
!