Sign in with
Your question

How much is this worth?

Last response: in Systems
March 18, 2012 11:03:35 PM

Once again I have a system cobbled together from various used parts that I am not sure what to charge for. the parts are as follows.

An older antec sonata(I believe) case
Athlon dual core 64 bit processor running a 3.0 ghz.
500 gig western digital caviar black hard drive
8 gigs of ddr2 ram
gygabit atx motherboard
dvd burner
thermaltake powersupply
dual evga 7950 graphics cards in sli

The case has some scratches and the I/O plate is missing. I was wondering what you guys think I should ask for it on craigslist?

More about : worth

a b B Homebuilt system
March 21, 2012 2:21:33 PM

retsteel said:
Once again I have a system cobbled together from various used parts that I am not sure what to charge for. the parts are as follows.

8 gigs of ddr2 ram
gygabit atx motherboard
dvd burner
thermaltake powersupply

The case has some scratches and the I/O plate is missing. I was wondering what you guys think I should ask for it on craigslist?

You'd have to be a little more specific on the parts.
March 21, 2012 5:00:15 PM

thanks for the reply, I had all but given up on anyone replying, it is an am2 board and processor. and not it is an even older nvidia 7600 graphics card, just oen of them, as I managed to blow both of the 7950's. the power supply is a thermaltake 500 watt I dont know what else to way. the dvd drive is a toshiba with lightscribe, that's all I really know off hand.
Related resources
March 22, 2012 3:56:11 AM

retsteel said:
thanks for the reply, I had all but given up on anyone replying

There's a bump for that :p 

retsteel said:
as I managed to blow both of the 7950's

Blow as in destroy or sell, because a person probably would pay 600-700$ for a few months used Radeon 7950's.
March 22, 2012 4:03:15 AM

OH MY DOG I FORGOT TO SAY NVIDIA @#$%ing 7950s you're probably thinking why the hell is this person putting great cards in a piece of crap machine, no, in fact, the entire thing was and is old crap. blow as in destroy... did you know that you can physically burn yourself on a graphics card?
March 22, 2012 2:45:50 PM

Lolz, I would sell it for 25$ - 75$ MAX.
March 22, 2012 2:55:20 PM

yuuup. well ima try to get more out of it or make it a linux box.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 22, 2012 2:56:53 PM

retsteel said:

8 gigs of ddr2 ram
gygabit atx motherboard
dvd burner
thermaltake powersupply

Best advice:
Take the system apart. Get all the info from each part that you can. If you have the right processor it could be worth more than the entire system as a unit. But you'll have to be specific as far as part numbers go. Then Ebay them. You'd be surprised. :) 
March 22, 2012 2:58:29 PM

thank you for some USEFUL advice.
!