How to update the ROM of my Asmedia 1061 Sata 6G Controller

alebishnu

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

joveone

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
hi there! what about flashing a new bios 0951? i find it on station-drivers with only one BIN FILE/ I TRY TO REPLASE IT IN PREVIOS firmware utility-but it is not working/ i made usb dos startup flash- copy there all files from 095 version but it also not working/ any ideas??? thanx

joveone

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

hi! are u update u bios succesfully? what about new august version of bios?

necrogeddon

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I've updated the bios to 095 making a bootable usb and throwing everything inside, then I booted from the usb and flash bios through the program thats inside. This method does not apply to the new firmware thats missing a .ROM file

sleyk

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
hey guys, you may just need to rename the bios file from .bin to .rom

it may work. most times, .bin files are just renamed .rom files. if not, there may be programs to change the file from one to the other. maybe NIBITOR bios editor? should work.

also, before you try to flash the .rom, see under device manager under properties if the card has a flash firmware section. that usually comes in handy. i am not too sure if the asmedia chipset has one though. i am referring to my sil3114 driver properties. i use that to flash the card bios. maybe its the same?

ah well, good luck!

Boggy

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008

Well, this is a noob question, but... how exaclty did you do that? I made my flash drive bootable following these steps (http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-USB-Bootable), then placed the files from the archive (0.95) onto the usb drive, rebooted, selected in turns USB-FDD, USB-ZIP, USB-CDROM as first boot devices, but it failed to run.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to try and fix the PCI-E 1.0 mode it's running into right now, on a PCI-e 16x 2.0 slot (DFI Lanparty DK-P45-T2RS Turbo).

Thanks in advance!