Sign in with
Your question

Buying prebult pc for Diablo III

Last response: in Systems
March 18, 2012 11:50:59 PM

I'm looking to buy a new computer, mostly cause I need one and partially for Diablo III: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-syst...

My budget is about $800 ($700 for the tower, about $100 for the monitor) I could go up slightly but I'd rather not.

I just bought an asus laptop from bestbuy and realized that it has basically no gaming power at all, so I'm going to be returning that and hopefully buying a new desktop from there.

I'd really prefer to get it from bestbuy for simplicity but it's been hard to find one in my price range that also has a good graphics card. I'd like an i5 with 4gb of ram with a good graphics card.

Could I just buy a desktop there that has an i5 and 4gb of ram and buy a graphic card for it? How would I do this and what desktop should I buy?

I'm very new to this and any help would be great.
March 19, 2012 2:36:53 AM

check out slickdeals.net, alot of people pick up i5 gaming towers (without a good gpu sometimes) but it has to be a full sized case, ect.

you cannot buy it at best-buy or anywhere locally, thats for the sheeple. I believe newegg has an i5 2500k barebones desktop config. Your ognna have to install gpu, and probably the power supply yourself. Ebay is an option, just have to search through 99% of the chafe for the wheat ;0
m
l
March 19, 2012 9:57:04 AM

If you can get an ebay account you should check out this . It is a great buy and if you message him and tell him your deal with cashflow, he might even throw in the graphics card for you for free. He is trying to liquidate and this is a killer deal. It doesn't come with a monitor, but you can pick one up seperately. A 20" widescreen only costs about $90, and you could find one even cheeper on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220977340941?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

I have added up the cost of the components and he is pretty close with what he figured and he is definately taking a loss. It looks really cool with all the blue and it has 8 gb ram and I bet he will cut you a deal if not just flat out give you the 550 ti as a bonus.

I had computer science class with him and he built my current computer. It really rocks. I can play bf3 and any game I want to on a 20" screen on high settings with just 1 550 ti. Dioblo will be a breese for the one I linked.
m
l
Related resources
March 19, 2012 8:50:05 PM

I'd rather not go through ebay, I was thinking either an alienware x51 with the most basic config i3, or going through cyberpower... what build should I chose from them?
m
l
March 19, 2012 11:18:46 PM

klancenet said:
I'd rather not go through ebay, I was thinking either an alienware x51 with the most basic config i3, or going through cyberpower... what build should I chose from them?

I have tried to put together a build thru cyber power for you and I can't seem to bring myself to suggest anything that falls in your budget range. It seems to get the price down to what you are budgeting I have to give up everything that I shouldn't. cheep ram, unknown standard psu, etc and then when I add the gpu(a simple 550ti) it jumps the price up another $175 for a gpu that only costs a little over $100 and puts it over budget. Even if I pick an i3 processor and an h67 board the build comes out over budget. Sorry !!!
Oh... and even tho overbudget, it still had no oper. sys. so you would have to spend another $100+ :( 
m
l
March 19, 2012 11:32:12 PM

My suggestion is just buy the parts individually online and assemble it yourself. It's really quite easy.
m
l
!