Sign in with
Your question

Can we have a "New Post" button

Last response: in Forum Feedback
November 6, 2011 9:19:18 AM

Hello everybody, i am new to this forum. previously i was browsing this as guest, now i have registered.

Is it possible to add a single button for the whole forum to display the new post in the whole forum. A button like "New post", or "Whats New" will do the work.

@mods, also i have uploaded a gif image as my avatar, but it was not animating , any possible fix for that.

Thanks for your time

More about : post button

November 6, 2011 11:13:54 PM

Hello back at you and Welcome to Tom's Hardware. :hello: 

A button to show every new post in the whole forum would be a mess that changed at every browser page "reload."

Suggestion received, documented, reviewed, and rejected.

About your animated avatar...

I'm no Mod (my application was received, documented, reviewed, and rejected).

However, I can tell you some technical requirements to have an animated gif as your avatar.

It cannot be larger than 85 x 85 Pixels and cannot exceed 20KB in actual file size.

This gives about 4 frames, so make them count.
November 7, 2011 4:35:44 PM

Might be worth it to check out the way our flags tracking system works, as it can show you what posts are new in what areas. As for a singular button - an interesting idea, but new feature adds are on hold right now for the forum until the new year.

tigsounds is correct on the avatar, as well.

As an aside, to tigsounds - when did you apply for a role as a mod?
Related resources
November 8, 2011 1:16:53 AM

jpishgar said:
Might be worth it to check out the way our flags tracking system works, as it can show you what posts are new in what areas. As for a singular button - an interesting idea, but new feature adds are on hold right now for the forum until the new year.

tigsounds is correct on the avatar, as well.

As an aside, to tigsounds - when did you apply for a role as a mod?

I didn't "actually" apply. [:tigsounds:5]

It was a pun to go with the other portion of my reply, it just sort of linked-in nicely.

If I was ever going to apply for a MOD role, I'd first need to make a lot more post like this one
HERE.

Edit: As you can see, I am practicing.
November 14, 2011 1:52:11 PM

Thanks for your response, i have changed my avatar.

And about the singular button update, please consider it in future if possible
!