Sign in with
Your question

What are/is the best Power Supply for my computer (i5 2500k, HD7850))

Last response: in Components
July 2, 2012 6:58:05 PM

My mobo is/will be an ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard with an i5 2500k and I'm running an HD7850 with 8GB DDR3. I currently have a 430W, which I've been told may do the job (it's doing it now in an older system), but I'm wondering whether I need to upgrade, which I'd like to, and if I actually need to, what to?

Thanks a lot for being on hand,
Stew
July 2, 2012 7:43:20 PM

check whether your current psu is certified with at least 80+bronze quality power efficiency.if not,you might want to change to a good one, gold, if you have the budget.if you plan to crossfire and overclock ,i suggest you opt for more than 750watt or higher.deficient in power may reduce your hardware life expectancy to half.
m
l
a c 1177 ) Power supply
July 2, 2012 8:56:06 PM

slideyep said:
My mobo is/will be an ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard with an i5 2500k and I'm running an HD7850 with 8GB DDR3. I currently have a 430W, which I've been told may do the job (it's doing it now in an older system), but I'm wondering whether I need to upgrade, which I'd like to, and if I actually need to, what to?

Thanks a lot for being on hand,
Stew

What is the make and model of the power supply unit and the graphics card (i.e. is it a factory overclocked card? If yes what is its clock speeds)?
m
l
Related resources
!