Sign in with
Your question

Low Quality Sound..

Last response: in Systems
March 19, 2012 3:17:53 AM

Hey, I'm currently using a GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev 1.3) mobo on windows 7 (x64), and I have installed all the newest drivers, but the quality of my sound seems to be low. If the sound gets loud, it seems as if the sound starts to get static-y and it's very annoying. I have even directly downloaded and reinstalled realtek's audio drivers multiple times from their website. I have also redownloaded and reinstalled my gpu drivers multiple times (GTX 560 ti) multiple times because they also include an audio driver.

I am currently using bose speakers (http://www.bose.ca/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_...), and they worked fine on my old computer which was a Acer Aspire AX1200.

More about : low quality sound

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 19, 2012 3:42:04 AM

great speakers like that will enhance the short comings of onboard audio chips especially with a low sample rate of what your listing to.

you can either get a sound card or try to conservatively use the realtek equalizer to get rid of the offending frequencies.

btw, the audio driver for your graphics card is for the HDMI output.
m
l
March 19, 2012 3:45:26 AM

I think it might be for HDMI output as well as the other green input thing. I uninstalled my realtek audio driver and it switched to nvidia's.

Another problem is that these speakers worked fine, the audio quality is noticible even on youtube videos. My older computer (Acer Aspire x1200) had an onboard audio chip.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 19, 2012 3:59:42 AM

kaerent said:
I think it might be for HDMI output as well as the other green input thing. I uninstalled my realtek audio driver and it switched to nvidia's.

Another problem is that these speakers worked fine, the audio quality is noticible even on youtube videos. My older computer (Acer Aspire x1200) had an onboard audio chip.

yes, again those are great speakers.

not all onboard chips are the same, some are better than others.

the HDMI audio is not tied into the "green input thing" (speaker out) its for the HDMI cable to a TV.

as a sound guy that does sound for bands; check the connection, jack the plug in and out several times to see if that helps. other than that. EQ out the bad stuff, get a sound card or just don't turn it up as loud.
m
l
March 19, 2012 4:54:00 AM

I found out what was wrong, there's a problem with the audio jack in the back. I found that out when I plugged it into the front audio jack (which should be for headphones), the sound was crisp and perfect.
m
l
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 19, 2012 5:01:02 AM

kaerent said:
I found out what was wrong, there's a problem with the audio jack in the back. I found that out when I plugged it into the front audio jack (which should be for headphones), the sound was crisp and perfect.

SWEET! not perfect but better.
thanks for letting us know :) 
m
l
!