hotwheels1997

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Hello all.I'm planning to upgrade my system.At the moment,i have HD 6850 Sapphire Vapor-X 1gb GDDR5 + Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @2.8Ghz + 4GB Ram DDR2.The games i would love to play are: Battlefield 3,The new Medal of Honor Warfighter,Max Payne 3,Assassin's Creed 3(the few i named, are a must to play decently) and few other cpu/gpu very demanding games.I know my GPU ain't the best ,i'm still really pissed of myself that i bought the HD 6850,not the HD 6870(before the upgrade,i was using pretty shitty gpu,so even the HD 6850 seemed very powerful then to me) but whatever,the version of my card is really capable of overclocking,being stable at 950/1200,having right now almost the same performance as the HD 6870,in some tests even higher.
I'm looking not for playing on Ultra of course,I'm searching a good,stable 50-60 fps on medium -highish .The CPU,that really got my attention right now,is the i5-2500k paired with 2x4GB Ram Coirsair Vengeance 1600MHz and ASRock P67 PRO3 (motherboard).The PSU i'm running is 460W,Cooler Master Elite,used for less then a 4 months.Resolution - 1680x1050 on a 22" monitor.What do you guys think of my choice?Should i change some of the parts i chosed or just order them?

If you are going to be overclocking, stay away from Asrock motherboards. They don't stand up well to overclocking. Buy Asus or Gigabyte. Sure, it's a few more dollars, but you'll be glad you spent it when your system overclocks and is stable.

hotwheels1997

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

What kind of motherboard you would offer me?I don't really understand about motherboards,and yes,i'll probably overclock a little bit,so what kind of model of Asus would you offer me?I'm searching for one,that can squeeze as much of performance as possible from both my CPU and GPU.Thanks in advance!