Is this a good setup for gaming?

10 answers Last reply
More about good setup gaming
  1. Yup.
  2. you may be asking for a nVidia/AMD debate but looks good to me. :)
  3. Nope

The 560 ti is a great graphics card , but its a great graphics card past its use by date since the next generation is here now . The Radeon 7850 is a better choice

If you crossfire two 7850's you only need a 650 watt psu

you are wasting money on RAM.
    No game can use even 4 gig of RAM so you get no more Gaming performance by fitting more than that . Application performance can be better with 8 gig [ 2 x4 ] but more than that is definitely not needed
  4. I missed that.

Why would you SLI 2 560s'? You could just buy one, newer more powerful video card for that price.
  5. -Zombie- said:
    I missed that.

Why would you SLI 2 560s'? You could just buy one, newer more powerful video card for that price.

^ Plus You can look for better cards for the price of 2 cards which you are using or considering. :)
  6. to much ram most i have seen used by bf3 (the heaviest game i have on ram )is 5-6 gb so 8 is heaps and personally i think the snipers look poxy the whole gun thing is gay just get ripjaws they are the same and same price! ati scales better than nvidia in dual cards but its personal preference i understand that aslong as it doesnt involve amd cpu's i have had sli and cfx and i prefer single card setups although 7 series raedon can full shut an unused card in cfx that sounds pretty cool (literally)
  7. I already have one 560 Ti though, so would upgrading be better than a SLI setup?
  8. MrFlyingbananas said:
    I already have one 560 Ti though, so would upgrading be better than a SLI setup?

Upgrading to the latest or better GPU is a better strategy than SLI configuration...
  9. MrFlyingbananas said:
    I already have one 560 Ti though, so would upgrading be better than a SLI setup?

Personally, I would try to sell your 560TI and get a 580.
  10. Hmm.... Who would buy a 3 month old 560 Ti?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Cooling CPUs Systems Product