Where's my confirmation email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought a ton of stock in this cozy company and now I come here to try it out and can't get a simple email to confirm I signed up. I clicked the link to get the email and it says it sent it to me but nothing. Did I invest in a lame horse?

Who's the site manager?

Hey, these things take time. When your post all suddenly show "anonymous" as the poster, then come back here and complain. Our Chief Software Engineer has to do his chores around the house and finish his homework before he can get to your confirmed status.

Also, no, you didn't buy into a lame horse. Maybe one with a dragging-hoof limp, but not lame.

Your sig says to tell it like it is... well, this is how it is.
   [:tigsounds]

"Book'm Dano" You beat me by like 20 seconds (a photo-finish in some horse races) :lol:

Dig it up? I was referring to the post date/time link in our above post.
Joe gets paid the big bucks to take crap from everybody, it's part of the job. [:tigsounds:5]

I didn't notice any anger in the OP, just a huge chunk of impatience.

Naw, an "investor." There's millions of them. If it was Billie-boy Gates or Warren Bafoon I'd maybe show some (real looking but actually phoney) respect. These types don't really have any personal "pull" so why bother. This one wants to take the new horse out for a ride. Could get bucked off. :lol:

I think I can do more in 24hrs.

But something is not quite right.

I though user will become anonymous after 24hrs if not reply confirmation letter but BoM_Stockholder is certainly not anonymous.

Probably there is a glitch in the system.

randomizer

Champion

Not really, most (but not all) of them are pretty short. I could clock up a huge number of posts in a short time if mine were all one-liners.

It's 48 hours before the account is deactivated, not 24.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Greetings!

You can find how to resend your email confirmation at the following URL right here as a sticky thread in this very subforum - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32860-12-account-email-confirmation-issues

As an aside to Pyree and Tigsounds, I'm always happy to interact with any users that have issues. My role as Community Manager is somewhat a mix between a nanny and a lightning rod, and it's my responsibility to ensure that our users are well tended to. :)

On a completely unrelated note to the original poster, Bestofmedia isn't a publicly traded company... so if you've figured out a way to buy stock in it I'd personally love to hear how. I'd totally be interested in investing - especially considering the metrics I've seen! ;)

That ties in with the OP's avatar comment which shows he's more anti BoM than likely to own a stake in it.

G

I will reply to Mr. jpishgar first,

You are correct. BoM is not a publicly traded company. It does not appear on the DOW or NASDAQ nor any other stock exchange. BoM is owned mainly by a collection of people that have made private investments, collectively and individually in the company. We still refer to our investment as "stock." I am not able to advise you on the merits of investing in BoM nor the process of doing so. This information is not secret, it is available, I am just not the person to provide that information.

I did not make the first post in this thread in anger of any sort. I am not an especially computer literate person. I was accompanied by other people that know better than me how to operate this forum. I was being advised every step of the way and when we noticed the confirmation email had not arrived, I was advised to ask the manager of the forum as managers seem to know everything anybody would need. We investigated further than Tom's Hardware, looking for why the email did not arrive. We discovered that BoM, "Tom's Hardware" in particular, is blacklisted as spam by Network Solutions LLC, my email provider. I was able to establish a new temporary email account at Gmail and the confirmation email arrived within seconds of my request (after changing my email address in the member configuration section of this forum).

I did not establish my avatar, it's under-comment, or my signature. This was performed by a colleague that was knowledgeable of how do do it. I did approve, but I am not the author.

I do not intend to continue as a member here at Tom's hardware. I was being given the "Grand Tour" to see what the forums section of Tom's Hardware consisted of. I am quite impressed by the knowledge so many members possess. My schedule does not have the free time available to make regular visits of any consequence. I do hope I have not offended anyone within any of the different forums we visited. It was all a demonstration of capabilities of the forums. I had a good time in places, but alas, I just can't afford the time, not do I have the skills to be productive here.

I do appreciate your tolerating my presence, thank you.

Happy Computing, and Good Day to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.