Random Freeze on Windows 7 (9400GT)

Hello Everyone.
I have this problem with my graphics card.
When I run Windows 7 it installs automatically the WDDM driver for my card, everything runs perfectly fine I can play COD4, Far cry 2, Mirror's edge and basically anything no problem. But when I try to play minecraft it says:

"Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers."

The first thing I do is I download the latest drivers (ver. 285.62) from the NVIDIA website for my card. I install them, restart the computer and I can play minecraft perfectly fine. But the problem is that with the latest drivers my computer randomly freezes (for example when I look at YouTube videos or listen to music in foobar 2000 or anything I do It randomly crashes and the cursor won't even move i have to force reset the PC). This didn't happen with the WDDM drivers that windows 7 installed automatically for me.
I also tried downloading the drivers from the GIGABYTE website for my card (ver. 186.18) and i have the same problem, random freeze.
Now I rolled back to the WDDM drivers in safe mode and it doesn't freeze no more but still, I wanna play minecraft, you all know how addicting that game is! :)

BY The Way: I tried running the latest drivers in Windows XP Pro SP3 and I have absolutely no problem it doesn't crash or freeze at all.

Is there anything I can do to run minecraft in Windows 7?

Specs:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU
Intel Celeron 356
Cedar Mill 65nm Technology
RAM
2,00 GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 265MHz (4-4-4-12)
Motherboard
ECS P4M890T-M (CPU 1) 30 °C
Graphics
L1752S (1280x1024@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1) (Gigabyte)
Hard Drives
78GB Western Digital WDC WD800BEVE-00UYT0 ATA Device (PATA) 28 °C
156GB Western Digital WDC WD1600JB-00REA0 ATA Device (PATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controller

My graphics card is GIGABYTE 9400GT GV-N94T-512I

Thanks! :hello:
8 answers Last reply
More about random freeze windows 9400gt
  1. buy open-gl graphics card(e.g. quadro)
  2. I believe your PC is too outdated. Just not powerful enough.
  3. janiashvili said:
    buy open-gl graphics card(e.g. quadro)

Why? This card can play fine minecraft. It's just the driver problem. How can I get it fixed?
  4. Novuake said:
    I believe your PC is too outdated. Just not powerful enough.

Please read my post again. The problem isn't the lack of performance. It's the driver freeze issue.
  5. but, did you download it for Win 7/Vista and not XP? you might had error choosing driver.

And, try to fresh install driver.
  6. I downloaded it for Windows 7 32 bit.

I didn't do a fresh install. How do i do it? Driver Sweeper? And which driver should I install? Latest or 186.18?
  7. don't know driver sweeper or sweepstaker, but try to uninstall it and install latest, or if you still get that, download ~160s driver(third driver release or so from your cards release)
  8. UPdate: Tried both methods, got the same problem. It seems that the WDDM driver is the only one that works properly for me. Anybody else has the same problem?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Windows 7 Drivers Graphics