Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First Gaming/Editing pc - Need help deciding what to do

Last response: in Systems
March 19, 2012 10:57:15 AM

Hey this is my first post and basically im here because im only 14 and looking to get into an IT career path bla bla and i want a decent desktop to edit and game on for the mean time because they are my hobbies. I currently have an Acer aspire laptop which runs ok but is no where near my needs for a pc. I've been reading around now for a couple of months and have saved up about $1000 (Australian currency). I have come to the conclusion that for now i'm going to stick to prebuilt pc's until i gain more knowledge on building them etc.

So basically i have come across two computers that seem ideal to me and i was wondering if yous could help me out and tell me if there any good for gaming and editing, any cons with the system or if there is a completely different way i should be going about this. Just remember i have a very limited price range and i live in Australia.

The two ive come across:

MWave AMD 2012

MWave Antec i5 system

Thanks and im sorry if this is a waste of time because i know im a 'noob' with this stuff and this probaly sounds stupid to yous but im really stuck atm :S
March 19, 2012 11:06:59 AM

Buy the Intel i5 2500k build.
March 20, 2012 4:23:11 AM

Can you explain why to me? Just want to know what im doing and why im doing it.
Related resources

Best solution

March 20, 2012 6:05:46 AM

Beacuse i5 2500k in gaming and a lot of benchmarks is better than any AMD cpu.
The only advantage of AMD build is 2 X 6870 , that's a win in gaming. Intel build have just one 6870.But you can buy another to your Intel build for Crossfire and will be cheaper than AMD build.
March 20, 2012 6:56:12 AM

Best answer selected by mat720.
!