Your question

Install bluetooth on Lenovo G570

Tags:
  • Lenovo
  • Bluetooth
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 3, 2012 2:11:08 AM

Hi, i recently purchased a Lenovo G570 that does not have a Bluetooth card installed although some of the G570's do. I would like to purchase and install one- what should i do?Please Help.

More about : install bluetooth lenovo g570

July 3, 2012 9:26:09 AM

Rather you went for a Bluetooth Dongle that just plugs into one of the USB ports, instead of trying to add a card into the laptop.
m
l
July 3, 2012 8:31:22 PM

edit - withdrew my answer. Apparently Lenovo uses some form of internal USB bluetooth adapter

From their specifications sheet:
Bluetooth 2.1 wireless + EDR, USB2.0

m
l
Related resources
July 14, 2012 3:29:56 PM

alyoshka said:
Rather you went for a Bluetooth Dongle that just plugs into one of the USB ports, instead of trying to add a card into the laptop.

Thanks for the suggestion but i don't want to have usb port take up by a bluetooth dongle. There has to be a card that i can install. Ive been looking through the Lenovo Forums however others have posed the same question with similar answers to yours. There has to be a way.
m
l
July 16, 2012 6:38:27 AM

There is a way of course, you have PCMCIA cards available.... but you laptop lacks a PCMCIA slot.
Then comes the internal integrated ports, you might just need to open up your laptops backside and see which slots are empty and then look for a BT compatible card.
m
l
!