Closed

Folder names in Thumbnail View

I have a frustrating problem. Recently some folders that I view in
Thumbnails don't have the name of the folder (or file) listed...only the
icon. Other folders seem to display correctly, but others don't.

I've tried everything I can think of, changing folder options, refreshing
thumbnails, etc...but no luck.

Could this be a symptom of a virus? My anti-virus software doesn't find
anything.

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about folder names thumbnail view

    You had shift held down while choosing Thumbnails. Repeat to show names again.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFAEC272-65F9-4629-8589-68BE57836501@microsoft.com...
    >I have a frustrating problem. Recently some folders that I view in
    > Thumbnails don't have the name of the folder (or file) listed...only the
    > icon. Other folders seem to display correctly, but others don't.
    >
    > I've tried everything I can think of, changing folder options, refreshing
    > thumbnails, etc...but no luck.
    >
    > Could this be a symptom of a virus? My anti-virus software doesn't find
    > anything.
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Go the folder,
    click views icon, change it to "Details",

    Click the view icon, AND PRESS SHIFT KEY, and change it to "Thumbnails".

    That's it.

    Pressing SHIFT key is very important.
  4. Thanks, that fixed my problem too :-).
  5. Thanks it's really helpful :)
  6. very useful..and thankx for giving the correct solution..
  7. Anonymous said:
    Go the folder,
    click views icon, change it to "Details",

    Click the view icon, AND PRESS SHIFT KEY, and change it to "Thumbnails".

    That's it.

    Pressing SHIFT key is very important.

    Thanks.. it is very needful for me.

Configuration Customization Windows XP