Closed

Folder names in Thumbnail View

October 11, 2004 4:25:05 PM

I have a frustrating problem. Recently some folders that I view in
Thumbnails don't have the name of the folder (or file) listed...only the
icon. Other folders seem to display correctly, but others don't.

I've tried everything I can think of, changing folder options, refreshing
thumbnails, etc...but no luck.

Could this be a symptom of a virus? My anti-virus software doesn't find
anything.

Thanks!
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 9:32:41 AM

You had shift held down while choosing Thumbnails. Repeat to show names again.

http://www.uscricket.com
"Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D FAEC272-65F9-4629-8589-68BE57836501@microsoft.com...
>I have a frustrating problem. Recently some folders that I view in
> Thumbnails don't have the name of the folder (or file) listed...only the
> icon. Other folders seem to display correctly, but others don't.
>
> I've tried everything I can think of, changing folder options, refreshing
> thumbnails, etc...but no luck.
>
> Could this be a symptom of a virus? My anti-virus software doesn't find
> anything.
>
> Thanks!
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 9:32:43 AM

January 11, 2010 11:48:25 AM

Go the folder,
click views icon, change it to "Details",

Click the view icon, AND PRESS SHIFT KEY, and change it to "Thumbnails".

That's it.

Pressing SHIFT key is very important.
December 26, 2011 2:15:22 AM

Thanks, that fixed my problem too :-).
May 28, 2012 6:44:09 PM

Thanks it's really helpful :)
August 27, 2012 11:14:15 AM

very useful..and thankx for giving the correct solution..
March 20, 2013 12:12:32 AM

Anonymous said:
Go the folder,
click views icon, change it to "Details",

Click the view icon, AND PRESS SHIFT KEY, and change it to "Thumbnails".

That's it.

Pressing SHIFT key is very important.

Thanks.. it is very needful for me.

!