Halo2 DLC details

Last response: in Video Games
March 26, 2005 3:21:21 AM

Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net

Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
development costs.

I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
this...

For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..

Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

More about : halo2 dlc details

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 5:49:02 AM

No surprise. Bungie hasn't released a new map since it's release.
Another way to bring more profit. America has no culture; she has the
stock market. The only focus for most Americans, is material in nature.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 7:07:16 AM

DNA wrote:
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free
and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover
the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear
from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again,
these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Well, Expansion Packs generally only are made for popular games.

Hopefully it was stuff actually made after the game was shipped, and
not stuff taken out (like some DLC)
March 26, 2005 11:54:41 AM

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.

"By late Summer, with the support of Mountain Dew, all the maps will be
completely free."
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacul...

I don't know about anyone else, but I won't have all the maps until "late
summer."
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 11:56:31 AM

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> DNA wrote:

> > Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.
>
> Well, Expansion Packs generally only are made for popular games.

I can understand if they make some core gameplay and graphics changes. But
charging this only for maps??

And about when they made it? We will never know the truth.. ofcourse they
will be made to say that they worked 25 hrs a day for this *after* November
9th.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 12:34:11 PM

They are FREE later on. Doesn't anyone read?
"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 1:19:57 PM

aether wrote:

> No surprise. Bungie hasn't released a new map since it's release.
> Another way to bring more profit. America has no culture; she has the
> stock market. The only focus for most Americans, is material in
> nature.

Yeah, Bungie should be more like that French company Ubisoft who released
free maps for Splinter Ce... oh wait, no they didn't, you had to buy them
too.

Pwned.

-Z-
March 26, 2005 5:26:45 PM

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Thats only about $2.50 for a map. I think its very reasonably priced when
you compare it to other premium content available.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 5:44:51 PM

>>>Yeah, Bungie should be more like that French company Ubisoft who
released
free maps for Splinter Ce... oh wait, no they didn't, you had to buy
them
too.<<<

We're talking about the United States here. The only goal of the larger
developers, is pleasing the stock market and their shareholders. (see:
EA) Electronic Arts recently attempted to buyout Ubisoft, purchasing a
20% stake in the company. Bungie should be ashamed of itself, making
people pay for a few measly maps when they only released a handful to
begin with. I believe that's called contrived fleeceing.
March 26, 2005 6:46:36 PM

DNA wrote:

> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..

They will all be free by the end of the summer, according to Bungie; the
disc with extras will be $20 in retail stores, but they have not
announced the price of the maps as downloads.
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacul...
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:46:37 PM

"Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

> DNA wrote:
>>
>> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>>
>> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
>> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
>> development costs.
>>
>> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
>> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
>> this...
>>
>> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
>> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> They will all be free by the end of the summer, according to Bungie; the
> disc with extras will be $20 in retail stores, but they have not
> announced the price of the maps as downloads.
> http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacul...

Yes, they have. Follow the link to the press release from the link you
posted.

Two of the first four will be free out of the gate.

$5.99 to get the first two premium maps.

$11.99 to get the other five.

So Live-ers will be paying $17.98 to get everything the second it's
available. Or they can wait and have them all for free by the end of summer.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:47:34 PM

aether wrote:

> We're talking about the United States here. The only goal of the
> larger developers, is pleasing the stock market and their
> shareholders. (see: EA)

As is the goal of most publicly traded companies.

> Electronic Arts recently attempted to buyout
> Ubisoft, purchasing a 20% stake in the company.

How does this relate to Bungie or downloadable content?

> Bungie should be
> ashamed of itself, making people pay for a few measly maps when they
> only released a handful to begin with.

The maps will be free by the end of the summer. Early adopters will pay for
them early, as early adopters so often do.

> I believe that's called
> contrived fleeceing.

I like that term. It has a nice ring to it.

-Z-
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 7:21:08 PM

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:19:01 PM

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:19:01 PM

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:19:01 PM

Looks like maps will be free by "late summer"
Might have to wait....; (

"DNA" <susenets2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Read about in the weekly update at www.bungie.net
>
> Bottomline, they are charging $20 for 9 new maps (well 2 are free and
> the money is for the rest of the maps, if you have live) to cover the
> development costs.
>
> I was almost winning my console Vs PC debate, now I have to hear from
> my friend about the advantages of mod-community against charges like
> this...
>
> For the record, I was hoping this would be free. But then again, these
> decisions are taken by MS marketing guys..
>
> Looks like making profit on 7 million + games was not enough.

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:55:27 AM

Bungie makes me ill, making people pay for a few maps. It'd be one
thing if they released alot to begin with. There's a total of four big
team maps. (Headlong, Waterworks, Zanzibar, and Coagulation) Them
charging for that epitomizes everything that's wrong with unbridaled
capitalism. I await the the collapse of this system. (and it most
assuredly will collapse)
March 29, 2005 11:22:38 AM

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bungie makes me ill, making people pay for a few maps. It'd be one
> thing if they released alot to begin with. There's a total of four big
> team maps. (Headlong, Waterworks, Zanzibar, and Coagulation) Them
> charging for that epitomizes everything that's wrong with unbridaled
> capitalism. I await the the collapse of this system. (and it most
> assuredly will collapse)

Please hold your breath until then.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 5:36:10 PM

> Thoth wrote:
>
> Please hold your breath until then.

The collapse of the United States is inevitable. Common sense demands
it.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 6:06:53 PM

>> Thoth wrote:
>>
>> Please hold your breath until then.
>
> The collapse of the United States is inevitable. Common sense demands
> it.

You misspelled "hysterical jealousy."

But thanks for the laughs anyway. Please don't stop.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 6:25:16 PM

Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
plagued with criminality and poverty.
March 29, 2005 7:23:12 PM

> Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
> different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
> will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
> plagued with criminality and poverty.

That's cool. Asian chicks are hot!
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 3:38:51 AM

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
> different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
> will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
> plagued with criminality and poverty.

Kids say the darnedest things.
March 30, 2005 11:29:08 AM

another PBS special announcement brought to you by DR. Stupid......

" Don't misunderstand the powers of the darkside. The U.S. will continue
to exist, only in a
different and darker form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower'
label. (that
will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
plagued with criminality, poverty, and parades
every weekend where people dance naked."
March 30, 2005 11:32:50 AM

aether wrote:
The collapse of my trailer is inevitable. Common sense demands
it.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 9:50:55 PM

I wish people would quit whining about paying for DLC. If you can't get
yer parents to pay for it get a job. If not here is a link where you
never have to worry about paing for games.
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com

--
tommyvan1
tommyvan1's Profile: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/member.php?userid=357

THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY RUMORS ABOUT THE FRIENDS LIST BEING TAKEN AWAY.
PEOPLE ARE TELLING ME THEY READ IT ON BUNGIE, BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE PLANNING ON DELETING OUR FRIENDS
LISTS--I AM SICK OF THIS RUMOR. JUSTIN2183@AOL.COM

I CERTAINLY AGREE THAT THE MAPS SHOULD BE FREE--BUT THEN HALO IS BIG
BUSINESS WHAT CAN WE EXPECT. SOON THE RICH WILL BE THE ONLY ONES WHO
WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THIS.

--
BUCKLEDKILLER
BUCKLEDKILLER's Profile: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/member.php?userid=375
View this thread: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15496
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:29:58 AM

tommyvan1 Wrote:
> I wish people would quit whining about paying for DLC. If you can't get
> yer parents to pay for it get a job. If not here is a link where you
> never have to worry about paying for games.
> http://www.cartoonnetwork.com

NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD ALL THIS EXTRA STUFF, MONTHLY DSL, HALO YEARLY
REGISTRATION ONCE A YEAR, PLUS IT SEEMS LIKE EVER ON=LINE CAME HAS A
CHARGE FOR SOMETHING OR ANOTHER--GAMES ARE EXPENSIVE ENOUGH ADDITIONAL
MATERIAL SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOPR AGAIN. EVERYTIME THEIR IS AN
UPGRADE ON THE PC WE DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. THERE HAS TO BE AN END
POINT. SOON NOONE WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO PLAY GAMES. THINK ABOUT
IT.

--
BUCKLEDKILLER
BUCKLEDKILLER's Profile: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/member.php?userid=375
View this thread: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15496
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:40:46 AM

Xbot Wrote:
> "aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Don't misunderstand me. The U.S. will continue to exist, only in a
> > different form. It will cease to carry the 'superpower' label. (that
> > will be inherited by China) The U.S. will resemble Brazil, being
> > plagued with criminality and poverty.
>
> Kids say the darnedest things.

KIDS MAY SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS, BUT THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS IS RITE
ON THE MARK--THE BUSH REGIME AND SOME BLIND AMERICANS MAY THINK THE US
IS A SUPER POWER BUT NUKES IS NOT WHAT WILL MAKE SUPER POWERS AND SOON
THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE BANKRUPT BECAUSE OF THEIR UNCONTROLLABLE URGE TO
KEEP SPENDING MONEY IN THE PENTAGON. EVERYDAY WE ARE GETTING JUST
ALITTLE CLOSER TO RESEMBLING A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY AND IN SOME CASES
THEY ARE DOING EVEN BETTER THAN US. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE HIGHER
INFANT MORTALITY THAN MANY THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES---THAT IS BECAUSE OF
POVERTY AND LACK OF HEALTH CARE FOR THE POOR. HOW CAN A SUPER POWER
HAVE SOOO MUCH POVERTY, SOOO MANY PEOPLE WITHOUT HEALTH CARE, SUCH A
POOR EDUCATION SYSTEM--WHICH IS GOING TO DECLINE EVEN FASTER UNLESS
SOEMTHING IS DONE ABOUT THAT NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND--WHICH IS DOING THE
EXACT OPPOSITE==THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE TO TAKE BACK CONTROL OF THEIR
COUNTRY INSTEAD OF JUST SITTING BACK AND SELLING OUT TO THE BUSH REGIME

--
!