Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help building a gaming pc for under 1300

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 19, 2012 6:29:15 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: This week would be nice

Budget Range: $1300 to $1370 (with taxes)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and web surfing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, speakers, mouse, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Country: USA

Parts Preferences: No preference, I'm pretty new to this

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Additional Comments: I would like a computer that can run most games at high to max settings. I mainly will be playing games like Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Fallout.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

More about : building gaming 1300

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
March 19, 2012 6:46:51 PM

MOBO : ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU : I5 2500K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
HDD : Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 500GB 7200 RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SSD : Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 2.5" 60GB SATA III
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GPU : SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
PSU : CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU COOLER : COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
DVD-RW : LG DVD Burner 24X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CASE : COOLER MASTER HAF 912
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
TOTAL : $1,333.89 and 1309$ after rebates + 10$ Newegg Promotional Gift Card
Share
March 20, 2012 2:40:43 AM

sosofm said:
MOBO : ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU : I5 2500K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
HDD : Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 500GB 7200 RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
SSD : Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 2.5" 60GB SATA III
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GPU : SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
PSU : CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU COOLER : COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
DVD-RW : LG DVD Burner 24X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CASE : COOLER MASTER HAF 912
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
TOTAL : $1,333.89 and 1309$ after rebates + 10$ Newegg Promotional Gift Card


Thanks alot, I appreciate the input. Before I go through with purchasing, are there any opinions or thoughts on the build?
m
0
l
Related resources
March 20, 2012 10:48:49 PM

eckods said:
Thanks alot, I appreciate the input. Before I go through with purchasing, are there any opinions or thoughts on the build?

The only things I might change are the SSD, the hard drive, and the case. The Crucial M4 for the SSD, because of its firmware; this hard drive, because it has triple the storage for $15 more; and the case is ugly, but that's personal preference :p .
m
0
l
March 20, 2012 11:03:29 PM

I would go with the rosewill challenger. it is $10 cheaper and looks awesome.
m
0
l
March 21, 2012 7:46:03 PM

adgjlsfhk said:
I would go with the rosewill challenger. it is $10 cheaper and looks awesome.

Or the Cooler Master 690 II. It's not as boxy.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2012 6:57:42 AM

I recommended you that Coolermaster HAF 912 because you have a lot space inside the case , i tell that because i have that case.In the future you can easy have a Crossfire setup.
m
0
l
March 22, 2012 5:59:09 PM

Ok guys, I just jumped the gun and ordered the Nvidia Geforce GTX 680. Is that compatible with everything in sosofm's build or do I need to make changes?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 22, 2012 6:01:43 PM

Yes is compatible with everything.
m
0
l
March 22, 2012 6:09:52 PM

sosofm said:
Yes is compatible with everything.



Alright, perfect. I think I go with everything else in your build. I was debating the case, but only the aesthetics would be my reason for changing it.


Thank you to all who responded to the thread :D 
m
0
l
March 22, 2012 6:10:08 PM

Best answer selected by eckods.
m
0
l
!