Sign in with
Your question

White screen of death on Samsung P 23700

Last response: in Components
July 3, 2012 4:38:14 AM

Hi
I was working at my pc today, when my LCD screen faded to white. I have a samsung p 23 700 lcd monitor. I tried turning it off and on but it still didn't work. I even disconnected it from the computer but as soon as I turned it on the white screen appeared again. I read on the internet that it might be due to a bad capacitor. Any advice would be much appreciated.
July 3, 2012 8:56:38 AM

Call up the Samsung warranty center and ask them to come and see it over immediately.
Have you tried plugging the monitor into something else to check if the oter ports are still functional on the monitor?
m
l
July 3, 2012 9:06:52 AM

alyoshka said:
Call up the Samsung warranty center and ask them to come and see it over immediately.
Have you tried plugging the monitor into something else to check if the oter ports are still functional on the monitor?

Thanx 4 the reply. I called them this evening and they told me that since the warranty has expired, I'm gonna have to send it to them via UPS and that I'm responsible for all the fees and costs.
As for the second part, unfortunely there is no "other" port on the monitor. Like I said, it shows a white blank screen to me, even when it's NOT connected to my pc.
m
l
July 3, 2012 9:11:43 AM

Then we can only rely on the Service center..... Sadly, since most of us do not have the skills to repair these highly compact panels...
Do you happen to have a Samsung service center in town?
If so it would be better to take it to them.
m
l
!