NightRaV3N

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hi Guys,

I need your opinions on 'AXLE GTX 550 TI'.. i couldn't find a decent review on this VGA so i thought i get help from the "EXPERTS" ;)

what is the best? shall i go for this AXLE or shall i buy "ASUS GTX 550Ti"? (Approx 50US$ higher than AXLE in Sri Lanka)

I read in one thread that someone said "AXLE BEATS EVGA in EVERYTHING EXCEPT MARKETING".... dont know about that; but help me to choose the BEST!

Thank you.

[PC SPEC -Core i5, Asus M/B, 4GB RAM, 1TB Samsung HDD, GT440 1GB Gigabyte (currently running VGA), 400w true power supply, 24" Samsung FULL HD LED Monitor ]

Solution
Ok as I am living proof and I have two 550 Ti's in SLI mode. Please look for another option. the 550's are very weak card and you are going to pay a lot of money for them and you will have problems playing any type of games meanng frame rates other settings.

If could back up time I would have done something different. If you can swing it either go for the 560 ti or if that is two much money go for the AMD 6870 which is a better card than the 550.

Is the PSU brand a True? It does make a difference as to what type of PSU you are running. the 560 needs a 500w PSU.

DM186

Splendid
Ok as I am living proof and I have two 550 Ti's in SLI mode. Please look for another option. the 550's are very weak card and you are going to pay a lot of money for them and you will have problems playing any type of games meanng frame rates other settings.

If could back up time I would have done something different. If you can swing it either go for the 560 ti or if that is two much money go for the AMD 6870 which is a better card than the 550.

Is the PSU brand a True? It does make a difference as to what type of PSU you are running. the 560 needs a 500w PSU.

Solution

NightRaV3N

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Thank you very much for the info....i believe you saved me from becoming a Huge "Dissapointed" GAMER... Hats Off

GTX 560Ti is a little bit over my budget;
but instead i thought of going for GTX 460 1GB. I read dozens of reviews and it seemed to be the best for my budget/Gaming Experience;

it has similar features of GTX 560. i will definitely have to change my 400W to 500W true powerSU since i decided to go for GTX 460 :D
btw any opinions on that as well pls..?

i came across EVGA, AXLE & ASUS in GTX 460... which brand do you recommend?

DM186

Splendid