kimocool220

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
i have a Cooler master 600 wat PSU , and every time i put my hand over my case where the PSU is right under it , i feel heat , maybe its 45-60 ?
is this okay ?

P.S.
its a cooler master extreme power plus 600W , Fan is spinning at 1900 RPM when its hot .

Hate to break it to you, but your '600W' PSU only supplies a max of 432W on the 12V rails and pulling more than 450W poses significant danger to your system:
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Power-Plus-600-W-Power-Supply-Review/1034/9 It would be more accurate to label this PSU as a 450W PSU and not a 600W unit. The fan in that PSU is rated up to 2500RPM, if it's only spinning at 1950, then it could be starting to fail. Whether it is or isn't starting to fail, your PSU is working hard to provide the power that your system requires. What are your system specs? Can you verify the exhaust temp? What are your ambient temps?

There's no fan monitoring cable on that psu

kimocool220

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
well , here's a screen shot taken from Everest ( note that iam not putting loads on the PC , when i put loads on it , it goes more than that , expect the PSU fan ) :

heatqo.png

My specs :
AMD Phenom ll x4 945 3.0ghz
Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
GPU --> http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1073&pid=1193&psn=&lid=1&leg=0
2x2gb kingston RAM 1333 bus speed

That shows that you have a fan plugged in to the pwr_fan header on the motherboard ( the one next to the sata ports )

Fans plugged into the pwr_fan header should receive 12V and run at full speed all the time...the fan should be running at 2500rpm; not 1900rpm. Everest may not be getting accurate information from the mobo. I would use Asus' utility for HW monitoring.

Don't hate me :ange:
His psu fan is rated to run up to 2500 RPM
Don't know what the fan he has connected to the pwr-fan header is rated for

kimocool220

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Well , my PC is located in cairo , weather temps here are 30-40 , CPU temps are 40-50 idle , and 60-65 gaming , and same as the GPU , 40-45 idle , 60-70 gaming , i have got 3 fans connected to the case , front , back and a side one .

The rated max temp for your CPU is 62C: http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=534 Regularly operating at or over that temp can lead to damage or early failure of the CPU. If you're using the stock CPU cooler, then I recommend upgrading to a decent aftermarket cooler like the Coolermaster hyper 212+ Evo. If that cooler is not available, then let us know what parts are available in your area and we can give a recommendation. A temporary cooling solution is opening the side of the case and using a house fan to blow directly inside the case. I would like to see temps in the 50-55C range to be safe but anything below the max is the goal. High ambient temps are hard to counter and usually require some upgrades and/or thinking outside the box.