Getting lower FPS than usual

I have a Gigabyte HD Radeon 6870 Windforce Edition, and I'm getting low fps on Battlefield 3. I checked my device manager and for some reason, it says I have an Intel (R) HD Graphics Family driver along with the Gigabyte 6870 driver.

My friend has the same system specs and he is getting over 80FPS on Battlefield 3 and we even have the same user config for that game. He checked it and thinks that something is wrong with the drivers. I get like 30-40 fps.. :bounce:

Please help me! :fou:
18 answers Last reply
More about getting lower usual
  1. Try putting the clocks back to stock. My GTX 460 cut the performance exactly in half when OCed, but by rolling back clock speed and restarting, it ran fine. I have heard the same with other cards. Also, try setting your video card to only the hd6870.
  2. What do you mean try setting it to only hd6870? I disabled the intel r graphics and i still have the same issue. should i unsintall it?
  3. Yeah, uninstall the drivers, re-install, restart, and if that doesn't work, reduce the clock back to stock and restart. It worked for me.
  4. Alright I will uninstall the intel r drivers. btw, how do I reset the clocks?
  5. nickazzo123 said:
    Alright I will uninstall the intel r drivers. btw, how do I reset the clocks?

MSI AFterburner will help you with that. Here is a link to it. http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm Right on the left. Also, what resolution are you and your fiend playing with? He may be using a low resolution and you may be using a resolution and getting lower FPS.
  6. He plays on Full HD monitor highest resolution, same as me. I will look into that MSI afterburner.
  7. yea bud, i dont remember overclocking anything and when i click reset, nothing changes. Restarted the computer, went into battlefield 3 and im still getting bad FPS.

But I really love the afterburner's GUI ;D
  8. Yes, but that is because you have not manually overclocked it before. Manually reduce it to lower clocks. If that doesn't work, I am not sure. What are the rest of your specs?
  9. I did manually reset it, nothing happened.

Specs:
    i5 3.4GHz
    Radeon 6870
    8GB Memory
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    500 GB HDD 7200RPM Western Digital Caviar Blue
  10. That is really strange. I don't know what to tell you. I am not an expert, it just sounded like an issue I had, so I thought a may be able to help, but there is nothing bottlenecking your system. The on;ly thing I could think of is that your CPU may be getting too hot and it is thermal throttling.
  11. HostileDonut said:
    That is really strange. I don't know what to tell you. I am not an expert, it just sounded like an issue I had, so I thought a may be able to help, but there is nothing bottlenecking your system. The on;ly thing I could think of is that your CPU may be getting too hot and it is thermal throttling.

Nah.. temp. is around 30 all the time. I hope somebody else responds.. why only you?! xD
  12. That is weird. You guys are running same settings? Are you sure he isn't running medium and you are running ultra?
  13. Same settings I assure you that. He also teamviewed me and I played on his computer at his house a couple times. Same settings man :/ All on ultra but v-sync and anti aliasing is off.
  14. nickazzo123 said:
    Same settings I assure you that. He also teamviewed me and I played on his computer at his house a couple times. Same settings man :/ All on ultra but v-sync and anti aliasing is off.

Wait, so you are telling me he runs without AA and V-Sync? If so, then that is the issue. If you run with V-sync and you cannot maintain 60FPS, then your machine will run at something lower that it can sustain such as 30-40. AA adds a lot of load by the way.
  15. Man I just got confused. Both of us have v-sync and AA turned off because it takes a lot of FPS
  16. Oh, okay, I thought you said you were running v-sync and AA, but he wasn't. Man, I just don't know...... If everything is exactly the same in the hardware and settings, I have no clue. That is just weird.
  17. Make sure you update your drivers and that your monitor is plugged into your graphics card and not your motherboard.
  18. have you checked his fps? seems like 40 fps on ultra with a 6870 is normal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Battlefield Gigabyte Graphics