PC freezes and but music keeps playing until the end of the song

vaell

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Hi everyone.

So I got my new PC, about a month ago, and after installing Windos 7 and my usual programs(maya, rhino, adobe suit, comodo suit) i started getting a freeze once or twice a day.

It has not gone away with updating windows, reinstalling chrome, and updating some drivers... run memtest 86 with not problems( 1 hour test)

It Freezes in super low demand... almost on Idel....

I suspect it might have to do with the graphics card... it even keeps playing music after it freezes .. but only until the end of the song.

keyboard is also bloked( no caps lock nor num lock)

I will keep trying some stuff and if all else fails I guess I will reinstal Windows... but hopefully It can be avoided..

any ideas what it might be?

thanks for the ideas

vaell

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
thanks, just checked the Sapphire webpage and they updated the drivers recently. downloading fingers crossed

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

:) im keeping my fingers crossed for you, do update me with the outcome :)

vaell

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Well, It keeps freezing, still an average of 2-4 times a day... so it was not the graphics card drivers.

I already ran a memtest and no problems found...
I reinstalled chrome once, will probably do it again...
and check for flash updates, as most of the frezzes come while i am just web browsing or I leave the computer in Idel(with chrome open.)

I am runing pout of ideas... i guess i will end up reinstalling windows and all my programs one by one and see.