Services - Internet Connection Sharing

Under Services, is the Internet Connection Sharing the Service that is
installed when you add IIS to your system. If not, should it be set to
Automatic or manual. I installed IIS at one time but now I don't need it.
Instead of removing it from my system, I simply wanted to turn the Service
off.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I would uninstall it...

" JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Under Services, is the Internet Connection Sharing the Service that is
> installed when you add IIS to your system. If not, should it be set to
> Automatic or manual. I installed IIS at one time but now I don't need it.
> Instead of removing it from my system, I simply wanted to turn the Service
> off.
>
> Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Nothing to do with IIS.

http://www.uscricket.com
"<©¿©>" <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:uFotveNsEHA.2668@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I would uninstall it...
>

> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Under Services, is the Internet Connection Sharing the Service that is
>> installed when you add IIS to your system. If not, should it be set to
>> Automatic or manual. I installed IIS at one time but now I don't need it.
>> Instead of removing it from my system, I simply wanted to turn the Service
>> off.
>>
>> Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Uninstall whatever you don't need and disable watever you don't use. Your
computer will be much faster and safer (security wise).

"David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
Nothing to do with IIS.

http://www.uscricket.com
"<©¿©>" <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>I would uninstall it...
>

> " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Under Services, is the Internet Connection Sharing the Service that is
>> installed when you add IIS to your system. If not, should it be set to
>> Automatic or manual. I installed IIS at one time but now I don't need
>> it.
>> Instead of removing it from my system, I simply wanted to turn the
>> Service
>> off.
>>
>> Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Right, I agree with not running the things you don't need. My development
computer runs IIS but my main (home) computer was used as a back up while
working on my development computer.

I want my home computer to remain the backup which is why I would prefer to
disable the Service that is IIS. I just don't know what the name of the
Service is (or if it is even a service). If I uninstall IIS, I will have to
uninstall FrontPage Extensions first (a requirement to installing IIS).
That is why I would simply like to disable it, if possible.

> Uninstall whatever you don't need and disable watever you don't use. Your
> computer will be much faster and safer (security wise).
>

> "David Candy" <david@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Nothing to do with IIS.

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "<©¿©>" <user@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> >I would uninstall it...
> >

> > " JCO" <joliviero@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Under Services, is the Internet Connection Sharing the Service that is
> >> installed when you add IIS to your system. If not, should it be set to
> >> Automatic or manual. I installed IIS at one time but now I don't need
> >> it.
> >> Instead of removing it from my system, I simply wanted to turn the
> >> Service
> >> off.
> >>
> >> Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I would launch regedit and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ there I would search
for IIS and find the key that describes the service and change the start
dword to 4; that means disabled...restart your machine...

I don't have it installed on my machine, so I can't tell you any more
accurately where to find the registry key.