Closed Solved

Removing this cable from TV Tuner

Basically I'm trying to remove this TV tuner and put it into another computer so that it will have some more use. But I can't seem to find a way to remove this cable that is connected to it. The cable runs from the TV tuner to the front panel and connects those Red/White/Yellow AV slots (HP desktop).

Anyways, I've tried doing some research on how to disconnect the cable from the card, and I haven't had much luck. I read one place that I could disconnect it by simply pulling up on it, but I tried that for a while and it simply wasnt budging.

Is there another method out there that will help me remove the cable?

Here is a picture of what I'm dealing with.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/lgynd.jpg
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about removing cable tuner
  1. Best answer
    Stick a tiny screwdriver between the outer tab, and the outside of the plug tab, and pull up. Do each side like that. It's not a big deal if you breay off the connector's tabs. It's not like you'll be using it again.
  2. Thank you very much with that. After much prying, I was able to remove it, however, now it seems I've hit another snag, this time on the software end.

I installed the TV Tuner on a new computer and run it through the Windows Media Center set up wizard and I can't complete the set up because it says that "No IR hardware is detected." I have the IR Receiver that the device came with, but I don't see anywhere for me to plug it into. (I have a WinTV 1800)

Is there a work around for this? Also, I'm using a set top box if that helps at all.
  3. Best answer selected by RRtexastranger.
  4. First of all, go ahead and start a new thread for that question, then post a link here.

What kind of cable does the IR receiver use?
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Tuner Cable Graphics