Why cant this crossfire?

Solution
It is not Crossfire certified by AMD. I would have thought this is because it hasn't been tested by AMD, although I can't confirm this. Just because a unit hasn't been tested doesn't mean that it can't support Crossfire.
Depending on the cards you want to use it definitely can support two AMD graphics in Crossfire.

Crossfire and CrossfireX are the same thing, I think it was originally just Crossfire, but at some point AMD change it to CrossfireX, but people still just use the 'Crossfire' terminology.
It is not Crossfire certified by AMD. I would have thought this is because it hasn't been tested by AMD, although I can't confirm this. Just because a unit hasn't been tested doesn't mean that it can't support Crossfire.
Depending on the cards you want to use it definitely can support two AMD graphics in Crossfire.

Crossfire and CrossfireX are the same thing, I think it was originally just Crossfire, but at some point AMD change it to CrossfireX, but people still just use the 'Crossfire' terminology.

Solution

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
yeah +1^ assuming you have two cards that somewhere around the HD6850 or HD6870 range and have the appropriate PCIe connectors on your power supply you should be fine to X-fire (just one more way to spell it lol)